Changing number patterns/random number generator

Keno fans discuss their favorite game
74Dilligaf
Forum Newbie

Changing number patterns/random number generator

Post by 74Dilligaf »

There's nothing that irritates me more than changing to a new set of numbers, and then having the previous ones I was on before come up two turns later. That irritates me enough that I rarely change combinations. I'm curious as to whether changing combinations also changes the seed for the RNG. Meaning that if I had stayed with the old set of numbers, then it would likely have used a different RNG seed and therefore come up with different results. I know some of the video poker machines use a seed keyed to the time the button his hit; if this is the case with keno, then the time needed to mark the new numbers would definitely change the RNG seed. Anyone know how it actually works? I'm just speculating here.

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

The RNG is always running whether anyone is playing or not. It doesn't get reseeded based on any actions by the player. It just constantly keeps on generating new numbers at a rate of thousands per second. The random number that is used when you hit the button is the one that just happens to have been generated at the exact microsecond that you hit the button. So seeing your previous numbers hit is a complete coincidence.

james51
Forum Newbie

Post by james51 »

Seems strange that I see the same 2 or 3 numbers constantly getting hit, then when I change my spots to those numbers, they suddenly stop getting hit. Makes me go "hmmm.... "

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

james51 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:17 am
Seems strange that I see the same 2 or 3 numbers constantly getting hit, then when I change my spots to those numbers, they suddenly stop getting hit. Makes me go "hmmm.... "
Is it all the machines, or only the new ones?