Mlife questions...

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
applepear86

Mlife questions...

Post by applepear86 »

Does anyone know how exact M Life is with calculating the exact theo losses on video poker? For example, at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas, if you play different VP games, it's all about what the exact advantage is on how you will be comped. If you play 9/6 JOB, people have said they want 30 to 40 grand coin in for a room comp. But 8/5 DDB, different story. I got some pretty generous offers recently from Mlife for a Vegas stay and a little freeplay. If I go to Vegas and hang out on a 9/5 JOB game on a machine that isn't all full pay games, do you think they will rate me playing a 3% loss instead of a 1.5%? Or are they efficient in rating what your exact theo is? There's also a 100 hand machine at MGM that's supposed to have 9/6 so I'm considering that too. I'm under the impression that they average the theo of all the games on the machine rather than exact tracking, maybe based on popularity. Although I don't know that's why I'm asking. What's everyone's experience here at Mlife properties?

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

applepear86 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:08 am
If I go to Vegas and hang out on a 9/5 JOB game on a machine that isn't all full pay games, do you think they will rate me playing a 3% loss instead of a 1.5%? Or are they efficient in rating what your exact theo is? There's also a 100 hand machine at MGM that's supposed to have 9/6 so I'm considering that too.
I can't find any info on that. But if you do in fact visit, you can probably test it yourself by playing different games and monitoring your express comp earnings.

If your theory is correct, I'm not sure you need to play as bad a game as 9/5 JOB. MGM does reportedly have the 9/6 JOB 100 play, but only on one machine for $1 (or $2) denom.

Another possibility would be the Bellagio 8/5 Bonus 25 cent triple spin, two machines available.

If you're willing to play $5 denom, you have a few more choices than those.

applepear86

Post by applepear86 »

dinghy wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 pm
applepear86 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:08 am
If I go to Vegas and hang out on a 9/5 JOB game on a machine that isn't all full pay games, do you think they will rate me playing a 3% loss instead of a 1.5%? Or are they efficient in rating what your exact theo is? There's also a 100 hand machine at MGM that's supposed to have 9/6 so I'm considering that too.
I can't find any info on that. But if you do in fact visit, you can probably test it yourself by playing different games and monitoring your express comp earnings.

If your theory is correct, I'm not sure you need to play as bad a game as 9/5 JOB. MGM does reportedly have the 9/6 JOB 100 play, but only on one machine for $1 (or $2) denom.

Another possibility would be the Bellagio 8/5 Bonus 25 cent triple spin, two machines available.

If you're willing to play $5 denom, you have a few more choices than those.
Yes, you're right about the 9/6 being the better play, but I read on other message boards that they have a $25 minimum slapped on it, so I'd have to play a bit deeper considering I'm more comfortable at 5 dollar single handed play, although I think I could handle $10 maybe. I am comfortable with bringing a couple grand with me.

8/5 bonus at Bellagio sounds amazing, but Bellagio is one of their flagship properties and I only have one night awarded there, and Mlife is apparently funny about players giving play at a different property they're not staying at. Do they have that paytable available in a dollar? I'm ok with playing one line on any spin poker machine so that will probably be what I do at any one I stay at. I'm highly considering Delano or Luxor because I have a lot of nights at those too.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

applepear86 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:41 pm
8/5 bonus at Bellagio sounds amazing, but Bellagio is one of their flagship properties and I only have one night awarded there, and Mlife is apparently funny about players giving play at a different property they're not staying at. Do they have that paytable available in a dollar?
I haven't visited recently, but vpfree2 says the Bellagio Triple Spin 8/5 Bonus is available for quarters or dollars. It's a 27 line game, so max bet would be $33.75 (quarters) or $135 dollars. Normally you can choose to play as little as 1 line, if they don't impose any special minimums.