Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
joechgo

Re: Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Post by joechgo »

Fyi - I booked the vegas 7 stars event this morning. Perhaps I will see some of you guys there?

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

We just booked our event trip to Vegas as well. Really would have preferred Tahoe but the entertainment and dining options at Vegas were too good to pass up. We options we selected were the Rod Stewart concert, the Sterling Brunch, the Mob Museum tour, and the wine and painting event whatever that is. We wanted to do the Italian cooking class but it was already sold out.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

I also did rod Stewart and the mob museum.

I did the brunch at the Cromwell (Giada). And did the cigar bourbon thing.

It's looks like it's going to be pretty good. My hotel options were initially flamingo, Harrahs, Ballys, or rio but I was able to get an override for caesars based on recent play.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Forgot to mention we will be staying at the Cromwell. We have never stayed there before but friends of ours that have spoke highly of it so we thought we would give it a try.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Forgot to mention we will be staying at the Cromwell. We have never stayed there before but friends of ours that have spoke highly of it so we thought we would give it a try.

I've also heard the Cromwell has nice rooms after the conversion from Bill's. I've been meaning to try that hotel, but I'm sort of addicted to the Augustus tower at CP.

Do you find yourself playing less VP in Vegas (compated to Tahoe)? CET hotels don't have great paytables, so I mostly go for the food and shows.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

We don't gamble as much in Vegas as we do at other places. On this trip with all the events planned I would guess not much more than 1000 tc's per day.

I usually do good on some triple play quarter machines at Paris playing DDB with a 9/5 paytable. I hope they are still there. I have heard that recently CET has made some further reductions in their pay tables in Vegas.

Doris13 has mentioned having luck playing vp at the Linq and over at Harrah's. Since we are staying at Cromwell we will probably spread some of our play over there and see what happens.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

no luck at harrahs chatty,just the linq.i have had some decent hits at the flamingo too.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

no luck at harrahs chatty,just the linq.i have had some decent hits at the flamingo too.

Thanks Doris.

theacequeen
Forum Regular

Post by theacequeen »

Hi Chatty (and everyone else),

We just returned from Vegas a few days ago. Sorry we are going to miss you for the 7-Star event -- we chose the Tahoe event. In Vegas, we stayed at Caesar's, but plan to stay at the Cromwell or Paris next time. We were in the Augustus Tower, and I thought the mattress had seen better days (the housekeeping supervisor agreed with me as I chatted with her). I hated having a mini bar in the room. My biggest hit was at the Linq -- we stopped to play at the bar on our way back to Caesar's after seeing The Million Dollar Quartet. I hit 4 Aces + K (triple double) and a few hands later, missed a Royal -- dealt 2 3s and 2 to the Royal -- held the 3s, and you know which other cards appeared...boooooo..... We ate at Homestead Steakhouse, the Buffet, and Gordon Ramsay's. The food was very good at Ramsay's. They took our order right away, but it took nearly an hour and a half to be served. I read somewhere that the Diamond Lounge no longer serves anything interesting -- just things like chips and pretzels -- so we didn't stop in there till our last night. Much to our surprise, they had a very nice spread of finger food, and many, many delicious little desserts. I drank my first Cosmopolitan there....then my second....then my third. Wheee!! Our host included many extras and we had a great time, but we came home with lighter wallets. Still hope to see you in Bossier City one of these days

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Hello Ace Queen,

We are leaving next week for a three day Vegas trip. With all of the good fortune you and Doris are having at the Linq I plan to give it a try myself. Congrats on the nice awak hit and though you missed the royal you did the right thing holding the 3's.

Which diamond lounge? On our trip we will be staying at Paris. We usually like to walk over to the DL at Planet Hollywood because it is less crowded. With all the cutbacks CET is making don't know what to expect. Although we have had this trip booked for a couple of months don't know if the comp limo is going to be there to pick us up or not. I think this year may very well be our farewell tour as 7 star at CET.

In addition to taking away the free limo's they have haphazardly been cutting back our free play, and the bean counters are out in full force trying to see what else they can get away with. We already have enough trips planned out where we will easily hit the 7 star level this year but if CET keeps taking stuff away we will be making some changes going into next year.

Sorry we will be missing you on the 7 star event but when we weighed the benefits it seemed that Vegas offered the best overall package plus we have been wanting to see Rod Stewart. Let us know it you have a trip planned to Bossier City. It's a great property with a great steak house and other dining options as well. If my wife did not like to travel so much I would be perfectly happy doing all of my gambling there. A meet up with you and your husband would be fun.