Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
alpax
Video Poker Master

Re: Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Post by alpax »

Bob - thanks for a great summary. I'm actually surprised that you ended up with only 150k tier credits at CET. I would of figured you would have built up a lot of points playing NSUD in New Orleans (getting whatever comps, free play and flights that comes with it), as well as any other finds you seem to track down at other locations.

I guess I'm not missing much when it comes to CET.

I do strongly agree that the perks of seven star status outweigh the expected loss playing 9/6 job.

Mr. Dancer already knows it is not worth his while to play that in New Orleans because you get virtually no comps from it.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Mr. Dancer already knows it is not worth his while to play that in New Orleans because you get virtually no comps from it.You're putting words into my mouth that I don't agree with.If you can finagle two 4-night trips (including one from the previous year's 7 star trip and perhaps a Aspiration trip, you play 5 days each trip. $50K coin-in per day. That earns you 7 star status for an expected annual loss of $1,300. Compared to an expected cost of almost twice that much playing 9/6 Jacks, I can buy my own meals. the 7 star trip gives you $500 in comps --- bankable there --- which can easily pay for the food for all 8 days if you're by yourself.Plus, New Orleans is a fun town to spend time in.Bob

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Did you consider playing the 50 line machines in Harrah's high limit room?[/QUOTE]They were pretty much locked up for the entire event.Bob

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

[QUOTE=alpax] Mr. Dancer already knows it is not worth his while to play that in New Orleans because you get virtually no comps from it.You're putting words into my mouth that I don't agree with.
[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I've must have misunderstood one of your past articles on LasVegasAdvisor, so I take back what I said.

TIMSPEED

Post by TIMSPEED »

Then I discovered a new non-smoking bar in the buffet area that has single line games, including 9/6 JoB, in denominations up to $5.
I'm wondering if they changed that already...wife and I were up there October 18th weekend, and we had the "graveyard breakfast special" up there, and all we found was 97% payback...of course, I'm not sure if we looked at $1 or $5 level...be nice if they had decent games at the $1 level..non-smoking and nice view.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Has anyone been to Tahoe this month? Just wondering if anyone has any updates regarding the games they have available. Thanks

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Just following up to hear if anyone has a Tahoe update. Thanks

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

They have most games available but pay tables are not very good. Most who go to Tahoe go for the skiing in winter or the lake in summer. Therefore the gambling is just an added money grab. Much better gambling in Reno and Carson City.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

They have most games available but pay tables are not very good. Most who go to Tahoe go for the skiing in winter or the lake in summer. Therefore the gambling is just an added money grab. Much better gambling in Reno and Carson City.

Unless it has changed recently Tahoe has some of the best pay tables in the country in the HLR's in both Harrah's and Harvey's. They even have quarter 8/5 BP at most of the bars at Harvey's.

Where did you hear that the pay tables were a money grab at Tahoe? Has something changed in the last few months?

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

I was there in October and did not find much. Although I did not go into the high limit room as I don't play high stake. My game of choice is DDB and the pay tables sucked on it.   

Good to hear they have some of the best pay tables in the country. I stand corrected.

I did find full pay at Fandango in Carson City and also Atlantis in Reno. I just did not see the full pay in Tahoe but was only there for half a day.