Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
theacequeen
Forum Regular

Re: Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Post by theacequeen »

Hi Chatty,

The diamond lounge I was talking about was at Caesar's. We wanted to stop at the one at Paris because we have fond memories of it from a few years ago -- it was fabulous then, but has probably changed by now. Let me know how the Paris lounge is -- I'd like to try it on our next trip out there.

We did receive complimentary limo service on this trip -- we usually rent a car so this was actually our first time to request and receive it. We were meeting up with relatives out there, so we knew we wouldn't have time to go anywhere, and I loved not having the bother and expense of the car. Rentals are getting so pricey!! We used to get a medium-size car for a whole week for about $95. I think our last rental cost about $250 for 5 days and that was including a discount.

Our local Harrah's Joliet also seems to be trying to tighten up a bit, but it hasn't pinched seriously yet. They are still giving about the same amount of free play but this month they are only offering one buffet to my husband instead of a comp for two. I've been playing on his card to help him get to 7-stars, so they are not sending me much.

Do you know when that 50% tier credit bonus will be applied to accounts? We did make the 50,000 points (+) for the quarter, but so far no bonus.

Hope you and Mrs. Chatty have a great time in Vegas next week and hit many jackpots!!

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

The 25,000 tc bonus will is supposed to show up on 4/15.

Out of all the CET properties we frequent our local treats us the best as far as food and beverages are concerned. Our host usually sets us up with a $500 room credit so we never have to use our rc's and as a 7 star perk at Bossier City we each get 4 beverages at the steakhouse bar or a bottle of wine each night. And to be honest over the last 4 or 5 years i have hit more royals there and my wife has more handpays there.

The only thing about the diamond lounge at Paris is that since there are so many diamond card level and above players now it is usually crowded. The one over at Planet Hollywood is not as crowded. I guess because it is upstairs and harder to find.

Thanks for the good luck wishes on our trip to Vegas next week. Look forward to you making a trip to Bossier City one day.

theacequeen
Forum Regular

Post by theacequeen »

Thanks for the info on the tc bonus, Chatty. Also for your continued info on Bossier City -- I can't wait to go and try it out! You do get wonderful perks! Mostly I'm just looking for some great VP.

My husband is trying to recover from a bad cold (must have picked it up in Vegas), and if I don't catch it, we could head to BC for a trip very soon.   

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Let us know. If we are not out of town on another trip we would love to meet up with you in Bossier City. I hope your husband starts feeling better.

theacequeen
Forum Regular

Post by theacequeen »

Thank you. Hope to see you sometime after you return from Vegas!

TIMSPEED

Post by TIMSPEED »

FWIW, just was in LT last night...no more 8/5 BP on the 50-play QQ at Harrahs High Limit..knocked down to 7/5.
The 3/5 play 9/6 JoB are still good (in $1 denom and above) as well as the Avalanche Bar still has 8/5 Bonus Poker in all denoms.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Elton john was just added to the Harvey's concert schedule. Who's in?

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Unfortunately it is too close to the Vegas 7 star signature event we are going to on Aug. 13th - 16th. We saw him at Caesar's a couple of years ago and while he still can put on a great show playing the piano his vocal skills are just a shadow of what they were when I saw him in the 70's. Aren't you also going to the Vegas signature event?

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Yes. I'm definitely going to the 7-stars event in Vegas. I'm considering Tahoe the week before. My trips would be thurs-Sunday so I could do two weekends in a row.

I agree about Elton johns vocal skills. His voice is much deeper now, so the songs don't sound the same.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

I just got an offer for Memorial Day weekend. It's referred to as a free cruise offer but it also has a pretty good rebate based on points earned that weekend. Anyone else get that offer? Is anyone tempted to spend the holiday weekend there?