Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
darcyemb
Forum Newbie

Re: Harrahs Lake Tahoe

Post by darcyemb »

.... Is anyone tempted to spend the holiday weekend there?
Usually, it's my husband that posts on this forum, however, I thought I would pitch in.

We are scheduled to make our first ever visit to Tahoe in late May (May 21-26), which does include Memorial Day. We are flying from Buffalo on an excursion arranged by Caesar's local manager. We are really looking forward to the experience. Naturally, we are staying at Harrahs Tahoe.

We understand that there are some 25c 50 play machines there. Are they hard to get on?

If anyone has any suggestions as to what to be sure to do (and not do), while we're there, we are listening.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Does anyone know how long the boat cruise lasts? Where does the cruise start in relation to the hotel? Can you walk there? Thanks

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Does anyone know how long the boat cruise lasts? Where does the cruise start in relation to the hotel? Can you walk there? Thanks

They have not announced when it will begin sailing yet. Last year the Tahoe Star did not run until the first of July due to maintenance issues. Under ideal conditions it may start during Memorial Day weekend but with Tahoe lake levels as low as they are I would not be surprised if they delay the start again this year. We have a big group that are going to be there towards the end of June and are hoping it will be running by then.

It is not within walking distance. They have a shuttle bus that picks people up at the back of Harrah's. If it is running it lasts about 2 hours and goes to Emerald Bay and back. Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe it will start on time this year.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

[QUOTE=joechgo]   .... Is anyone tempted to spend the holiday weekend there?
Usually, it's my husband that posts on this forum, however, I thought I would pitch in.

We are scheduled to make our first ever visit to Tahoe in late May (May 21-26), which does include Memorial Day. We are flying from Buffalo on an excursion arranged by Caesar's local manager. We are really looking forward to the experience. Naturally, we are staying at Harrahs Tahoe.

We understand that there are some 25c 50 play machines there. Are they hard to get on?

If anyone has any suggestions as to what to be sure to do (and not do), while we're there, we are listening.

[/QUOTE]

I think there is only one maybe two machines like that and they are in the HLR at Harrah's. And they also have some 9/6 JOB / DDB $1 triple play machines. At times these machines can be hard to get on. Overall compared to what is being offered elsewhere you should find the video poker to your liking at both Harrah's and Harvey's.

As far as what to do the opportunities are endless. If it's running the Tahoe Star is a must do. It used to be Bill Harrah's private yacht. It is complimentary to diamond and 7 star players and comes with open bar and finger foods. It's a great way to spend a couple of hours on the lake.

I would also look into renting a car if you have not already done so. The drive around the lake is very scenic, especially the west side. There are several scenic overlooks to stop and take pictures. Virginia City is a neat place to visit. Its an abandoned mining town with lots of touristy shops and activities. There is Yosemite about 3 hours away, a couple of wineries about an hour or so away, and if you are active there are places to walk and hiking trails everywhere.

There are places to rent bicycles, places that rent boats and set up fishing trips, a gondola less than 5 minutes away that you can take to the top for a spectacular view of Lake Tahoe.

Enjoy your trip. I think you will find that in addition to better than average gambling, if you are so inclined there is a lot of other things to do. We started going to Tahoe about 25 years ago and have always enjoyed our time there.

darcyemb
Forum Newbie

Post by darcyemb »

Enjoy your trip. I think you will find that in addition to better than average gambling, if you are so inclined there is a lot of other things to do. We started going to Tahoe about 25 years ago and have always enjoyed our time there.

Thank you for the information. We are not sure how much spare time we'll have, as the host who arranged the trip has scheduled some things for us. Therefore, we are not renting a car.

We will definitely look into that lake cruise on the Tahoe Star you mentioned.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Chattycatty - I will have a car in Tahoe. When you recommend taking a drive around the lake, on the west side, can you be more specific regarding the route and which streets? Or do you think the concierge can provide me with that information? Thanks

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Anyone been to Lake Tahoe recently? Anything new regarding video poker there?

I leave tomorrow for a weekend trip.

ddbplayahhh
Forum Rookie

Post by ddbplayahhh »

I was there a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to find that CET has not changed the VP pay tables in Tahoe. I play mostly $0.50 DDB five play with occasional $ progressives. The $ progressive at Harvey's was 9/6 DDB, while at Harrah's it was 9/5. 5 play was all 9/5 DDB at the 50 cent level which is what it has always been there. I was in Las Vegas in April and pay tables there had been gutted at CET properties so to find them unchanged in Tahoe was great. I even managed to hit a royal. :-)

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Anyone been to Lake Tahoe recently? Anything new regarding video poker there?

We may have crossed paths. We arrived there Thursday the 21st, and left Tuesday the 26th.

We didn't play on the 21st and 22nd (too tired on the 21st, and Napa Valley tour on the 22nd). We did play a fair bit on Sat., Sun., and Mon.

Each day, we were on the 50 play machines in the high limit area for one to two and a half hours. Most of the rest of our play was single line 25c (8/5 bonus poker), with a bit of triple line $1 9/6 JOB as well.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

[QUOTE=joechgo] Anyone been to Lake Tahoe recently? Anything new regarding video poker there?

We may have crossed paths. We arrived there Thursday the 21st, and left Tuesday the 26th.

We didn't play on the 21st and 22nd (too tired on the 21st, and Napa Valley tour on the 22nd). We did play a fair bit on Sat., Sun., and Mon.

Each day, we were on the 50 play machines in the high limit area for one to two and a half hours. Most of the rest of our play was single line 25c (8/5 bonus poker), with a bit of triple line $1 9/6 JOB as well.[/QUOTE]

We probably saw each other - I was at those 50-play machines quite a bit as well.