Attn billyjoe: Horseshoe Hammond

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
Vman96
Video Poker Master

Re: Attn billyjoe: Horseshoe Hammond

Post by Vman96 »

The ones I found that had dollars on them were "All Star II" multigame machines. 4 of them are in the non smoking section and the other 4 are by the promo desk.

The standalone deal/draw game definitely had dollars stripped.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

The ones I found that had dollars on them were "All Star II" multigame machines. 4 of them are in the non smoking section and the other 4 are by the promo desk.

The standalone deal/draw game definitely had dollars stripped. ok thanks.  I never seem to look at the machines in those sections.  I will check them out this week.

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

I verified that the deal/draw paytables are as you stated.  I didn't play them, mainly because I don't like the cash drain it will take until you hit the $60k dealt royal (which could take years).  Plus, I've been running really good on the ultimate 4-of-a-kind game.]

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Good to know. And yeah, the $60k dealt royal is a major part of the variance. The 9/6 job game is barely above 98.5% without hitting the dealt royal I believe.

Glad to hear you're still going good on the ultimate 4 of a kind bonus. I'm happy I got off to a good start with it when I tried it too!

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

I played these machines at HH a few days ago. I managed quad 4 for 2 picks- got 200 for each. Then got quad 5 on the deal for 2 picks- got 200 and 300. Then a long quad drought put me back to even. I was playing quarters ddb, I think it was 7/5.

Guy next to me was playing dollars and hit 4 aces, locking the machine for $1700. Then 5 minutes later hit AWAK for $2600! Playing ddb dollars, any 2/3/4 with kicker and any quad aces results in a hand pay.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Well at least you got to play awhile! I would definitely be jealous of the other guy. And yeah quarters is 7/5 DDB, which is 98.68% after the bonus and appropriate strategy adjustments (see below).

So much lumped into the quads for that game though. I will be tempted to try it again for the high return, as it's really the best quarter game at Hammond, but the swing on that thing!

The best quarter game is 7/5 Bonus Deluxe at 99.19% because you break all full houses and high two pairs to go for quads. The bonus adds 2.94% to the game! You make the same adjustments for 7/5 DDB and it adds 2.97%!

7/5 DDB strategy

7/5 Bonus Deluxe strategy

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

Someone was playing the five play DDB for quarters.  I look at their machine and they hit a jackpot for $20,000. They were dealt a royal flush, but I'm trying to figure out how they won $20k.  Then I see they are playing the deal/draw game.  $15k for the dealt royal and $1k for each of the five royals.  It was awesome to see.  It was an older lady who won.  She was happy but wasn't going crazy or anything.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Someone was playing the five play DDB for quarters.  I look at their machine and they hit a jackpot for $20,000. They were dealt a royal flush, but I'm trying to figure out how they won $20k.  Then I see they are playing the deal/draw game.  $15k for the dealt royal and $1k for each of the five royals.  It was awesome to see.  It was an older lady who won.  She was happy but wasn't going crazy or anything.
Was probably Crappy or Tedlark in drag...

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

What color wig was I wearing?

joechgo

Post by joechgo »

I was in the high limit room and I saw a VP game that paid $50k for a sequential royal flush. It must be new. I haven't seen it before. Does anyone know the payout return?