The Cromwell (CET Vegas) now has good quarter VP

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
alpax
Video Poker Master

The Cromwell (CET Vegas) now has good quarter VP

Post by alpax »

It has been reported that The Cromwell has a bank of quarter VP machines that have better than the typical strip quarter games These will require $50 coin in per tier credit. Quarter players would have a hard time doing Platinum in a Day (2500 T.C. in a day for a 5000 T.C. bonus) even if it was at a $10 per tier credit rate anyways. I do not think these have much theoretical rating towards ADT.

The games on this special bank

9/6 Jacks or Better
NSU Deuces
8/5 Bonus Poker
25-9-4-4-3 Bonus Deuces Wild
Kings or Better Jokers Wild
9/7 Double Bonus
9/7 Triple Double Bonus
99.07% Double Jokers Wild

For a Caesars Entertainment/Total Rewards Property in Vegas, it is somewhat surprising to see. Out of anything it should have been the Rio as that location offers specials to locals. Hope it lasts.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Wow, that's pretty nuts. And you know it's intentional since it's $50 per TC. I would love to play NSUD on the actual strip. And it's only at the quarter level? They won't get nearly the money they are hoping for. It really should be multi-denomination starting at quarters! It will probably last until they do their next audit...

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

all the quarter vp in the cromwell that i found last month was 7/5 payout so i didn't play.they did have a decent nickel progressive though.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Also, I would hope 9/6 DDB (98.98%) would also be on this bank. Otherwise this will be a complete flop!

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Wow, that's pretty nuts. And you know it's intentional since it's $50 per TC. I would love to play NSUD on the actual strip. And it's only at the quarter level? They won't get nearly the money they are hoping for. It really should be multi-denomination starting at quarters! It will probably last until they do their next audit...

I was going off of the discussion and updates to the vpFREE page of The Cromwell yesterday. It only specifies quarters, so it would take a really long time to get to Platinum or Diamond with playing just that bank.

Hope you guys can return to Vegas in time for these machines. No other places on the strip seem to have NSUD, and no other places on the strip seem to have good Joker Wilds.

Also, I would hope 9/6 DDB (98.98%) would also be on this bank. Otherwise this will be a complete flop!

Haha I would not doubt that at all. It would get the most play if it was available, but I think people will find the TDB to be a not too shabby alternative since it has the kicker payouts.

all the quarter vp in the cromwell that i found last month was 7/5 payout so i didn't play.they did have a decent nickel progressive though.

It has only been a day since this bank has been reported, so the timing is unfortunate. I too have seen nothing but atrocious games 6/5 Bonus Poker, 8/5 DDB, 7/5 JoB, Colorado Deuces, so this is somewhat still shocking.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

The person who added it to VPFree2 confirmed to me that DDB is not on the bank...AT ALL! Just blows my mind. Obviously the person who approved this change really doesn't know VP well.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

The person who added it to VPFree2 confirmed to me that DDB is not on the bank...AT ALL! Just blows my mind. Obviously the person who approved this change really doesn't know VP well.

Nice to know this, I am anti-DDB but I wanted to make sure that I did not purposely exclude it if it was supposed to be there. Without a doubt DDB is by far the most popular game. I saw more people play 9-5 DDB over Jacks or Better last time in the Luxor High Limit Room.

Maybe it fell short of the 99% return requirement

The only places with 9/6 DDB at CET Properties are

Rio @ $1 denomination
Caesars Palace @ $100 denomination

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

The Luxor high limit room is 9/6 DDB, iirc. And "Airport Deuces". But of course I didn't write a note in my phone on it... I made a quick ten second check last trip.