Questions About Vegas?

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Questions About Vegas?

Post by FloridaPhil »

My wife and I are planning a Vegas VP trip this fall and we have a few questions.  We only play video poker and could care less about the Strip.  We want to check out Red Rock, South Point and anywhere that has good VP.   We are looking for a nice hotel to stay at while we are there.  It doesn't have to been near the strip, but it has to be newer and nicer than most.   Any input would be helpful.  Thank you!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

You might consider the M. It is a very, very nice place, located even further south than South Point. The video poker offerings there are not quite as attractive as South Point, where there are tons of machines with NSU deuces, but we really enjoy the place, and always try to include it in our Vegas ventures. Most of our play there is on a 25c triple line progressive bank, where we play deuces wild (airport deuces version).

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

If you plan on playing at SP, stay there. Almost any play will get you future room offers and their early in the week offers may just pay for this trip.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

If you plan on playing at SP, stay there. Almost any play will get you future room offers and their early in the week offers may just pay for this trip.

Really? I figured SP was pretty tight on room comps with VP since nearly all quarter+ games are "full pay" and they give 0.3% cash back in points. I would be surprised if they gave you a room on a weekday with less than $10k coin-in. I wouldn't really know though because my g/f would kill me playing quarter VP in one place for 10 hours a day. But if I was gonna do that, South Point, M, and Red Rock are all nice choices. It really depends on what Phil is looking for beyond VP too.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I've been getting three nites a month,free play and resort credits. This week I updated my address to reflect being a local and the boothling said to expect more food comps and no rooms

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I've been getting three nites a month,free play and resort credits. This week I updated my address to reflect being a local and the boothling said to expect more food comps and no rooms

And how much coin-in per day were you playing to get this? Any other play outside of VP?

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Two or three hours of slow playing at the bar, and an hour or so of low roller blackjack.
A year or so ago, I did play heavily on the then new Walking Dead slot, but if I've played slots in the last year, I don't recall it.
I stay a week at the Grandview so I play SP sometimes nine or ten days in a row.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Have you actually used any of these offers? I wonder if they are "teasers"...

SP would be broke if they normally offered this with what you describe. You're generally not even creating enough "theo" to cover the room cost. Maybe they are hoping you play the "Walking Dead" again?   

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Used it in November,then the middle of January and first week in February.They even let me use it checking in on a Saturday, but they charged $15 resort fee for that night.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Both Red Rock and South Point look good on the Internet.  Which is the better hotel?  Which has better video poker?