Fiesta Rancho

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
alpax
Video Poker Master

Re: Fiesta Rancho

Post by alpax »

Thanks for the insight, not much good for me to keep speculating on things based on rumors and not visiting the property.

I would say when playing for quarters, DDBAF over the regular DDB. If playing on other bank, the 9/5 DDB for 10 coins is worth it. Then again if Bastardo reduces your mailers, it is definitely worth playing for quarters.

I heard MSS is the best place to play VP on Boyd properties though it is not the best place to lodge, I believe onemoretry gave a ringing endorsement for that place. But thanks for also providing more insight about the scratch card play and DDB. You know your stuff better than most players here.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

The nickel DDB 9/6 with the scratcher makes it a 99.99% game - pretty much even. The quarters and up DDB 9/6 make it a 1.01% positive game. The $5000 scratcher is popping up on an average of 1 every 3 months.

They have nickel 9/6 DDB at MSS??? Where is that located? Single line? Multiline?

As for the Up to 99.8% units, you're probably better off not playing them if you can find the same paytable elsewhere. I'm sure the theo on those Up to 99.8% machines suck pretty badly.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

Thanks for the insight, not much good for me to keep speculating on things based on rumors and not visiting the property.

I would say when playing for quarters, DDBAF over the regular DDB. If playing on other bank, the 9/5 DDB for 10 coins is worth it. Then again if Bastardo reduces your mailers, it is definitely worth playing for quarters.

I heard MSS is the best place to play VP on Boyd properties though it is not the best place to lodge, I believe onemoretry gave a ringing endorsement for that place. But thanks for also providing more insight about the scratch card play and DDB. You know your stuff better than most players here.Thanks alpax! I just try to maximize what I have against all odds, and try not to come home broke all the time. Speaking of MSS, we just saw a lucky lady there hit $1,282,191.97 on a $1 Double Diamonds Wheel Of Fortune machine this afternoon. She was on her third $100 bill when she hit those 3 winning symbols on that center line and the machine promptly shutting down and locking up.  That machine along with the one next to it is roped off for the time being. She'll probably clear $800,000 after taxes.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

[QUOTE=Sea Lion] The nickel DDB 9/6 with the scratcher makes it a 99.99% game - pretty much even. The quarters and up DDB 9/6 make it a 1.01% positive game. The $5000 scratcher is popping up on an average of 1 every 3 months.

They have nickel 9/6 DDB at MSS??? Where is that located? Single line? Multiline?

As for the Up to 99.8% units, you're probably better off not playing them if you can find the same paytable elsewhere. I'm sure the theo on those Up to 99.8% machines suck pretty badly.[/QUOTE]They do! There are 3 single line slant machines as you walk through the doors on Main St., directly across the street from the outside parking lot on Stewart Ave. The other 6 are also single line slant machines (I call them low boys) in the northeast corner of the floor, 3 on each side. They are .05, .25, .50, and $1 denomination. There is also the Sequential RF option within those slants, but those are 7/5 nickels for DDB.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Speaking of MSS, we just saw a lucky lady there hit $1,282,191.97 on a $1 Double Diamonds Wheel Of Fortune machine this afternoon. She was on her third $100 bill when she hit those 3 winning symbols on that center line and the machine promptly shutting down and locking up.  That machine along with the one next to it is roped off for the time being. She'll probably clear $800,000 after taxes.
We possibly and unknowingly bumped into each other Saturday afternoon. I was playing one of the three All Star machines at the foot of the escalators when the big hit happened. A bit later, we moved to the All Stars close to the Wheel of Fortune machines, and were able to see some of the verification process that was undertaken by IGT people.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

We possibly and unknowingly bumped into each other Saturday afternoon. I was playing one of the three All Star machines at the foot of the escalators when the big hit happened. A bit later, we moved to the All Stars close to the Wheel of Fortune machines, and were able to see some of the verification process that was undertaken by IGT people.I'll be there tomorrow (Wed) late afternoon from around 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM playing most likely one of those 6 lowboy machines in the northeast corner. I'm not too hard to miss either, I'll have a black shirt on that says.... Sea Lion!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

'll be there tomorrow (Wed) late afternoon from around 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM playing most likely one of those 6 lowboy machines in the northeast corner. I'm not too hard to miss either, I'll have a black shirt on that says.... Sea Lion!
It's now Wednesday afternoon, but I'm at Seneca Niagara in Niagara Falls NY.    We left Main Street Station yesterday morning.

Next time we're at Main Street Station, I'll have a look for that black shirt. I have no idea when that might be.

Rebus
Forum Regular

Post by Rebus »

They do! There are 3 single line slant machines as you walk through the doors on Main St., directly across the street from the outside parking lot on Stewart Ave. The other 6 are also single line slant machines (I call them low boys) in the northeast corner of the floor, 3 on each side. They are .05, .25, .50, and $1 denomination. There is also the Sequential RF option within those slants, but those are 7/5 nickels for DDB. Someone should report these 5c 9/6 DDB to the vpfree2 database. That's probably the best 5c game at MSS although sister property the Cal next door has 5c NSUD, 8/5 BP and 9/7 DB.

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Someone should report these 5c 9/6 DDB to the vpfree2 database. That's probably the best 5c game at MSS although sister property the Cal next door has 5c NSUD, 8/5 BP and 9/7 DB.

Although I am not within close proximity to downtown Vegas, I've submitted a report to vpFREE about the existence of 9/6 DDB for nickels. They'll probably have to verify for themselves since they take Las Vegas listings very seriously from what I heard.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

I played for about an hour at MSS last Wed and hit no quads. I played there again last night for about an hour and hit 3 quads - two 5-K's and a 33332. For each one you get a scratcher which adds $1 to those quads. I was telling myself the reason for no quads or "fish" as I call them, is because they need to recover from that $1.3 million hit last Sunday There is great VP at both MSS and Cal, hidden amongst the ones that a lot of peeps would overlook like within those sequential games.onemoretry - it would be great to meet up and say hi the next time you make your way to LV!As for Bastardo - some local lucky bastid hit $13,500 on a triple play nickel progressive last week too. I thought that the powers that be reset that progressive when least suspected as it is extremely hard to hit a royal there let alone a dealt one.