How do they do it?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
nomadgurl
Forum Regular

How do they do it?

Post by nomadgurl »

I am always baffled by playing this site and how people get five and six figures in their games. I don’t expect anybody to give away their secrets but it just kind of blows me away :D

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Hey nomadgurl, click on HELP, then FAQ & Support. You will see this question (with an answer) among others you might be interested in:

Why are the top scores so high? I can't get anywhere close!

All of our contests end up with very impressive scores at the top of the list. With thousands of players competing, it takes great luck to appear in the top 10 scores, which we post at the conclusion of most contests.

Some have wondered how a player can average hundreds of points per hand. In this case, this is not an accurate way to look at a contest session. Nobody plays 100 or 200 rounds and wins them all. The top scores almost always contain a very lucky winning deal worth thousands of points on its own. That is just the nature of the game.

A dealt royal flush (there are always several of these in each contest) in triple play is worth 12,000 credits in itself. In hundred play, this would be worth 400,000 credits for that one deal. Games with multipliers can increase this maximum payout even more. So consider the game you are playing and what the best possible circumstance would be.

If you evaluate the best possible winning deal for a game, you can be pretty sure somewhere in the millions of hands played, someone is going to achieve that, or close to it. If you are curious about how the winners achieved such high scores, be sure to check the contest results at the conclusion of the contest where we tell you the details of their winning hands.

So while you stare at those monumental scores on the board, how do you know how you measure up? A good baseline would be to estimate the average score, which is usually around 98% return for a game. In a game with 200 deals and a bet of 15 for each deal, the average session score might be around 2,940.

Of course, the more deals you play, the more chances you have at hitting those lucky hands. Someone is going to come out on top, and it could just as easily be your next session.

Darren3rd
Forum Newbie

Post by Darren3rd »

Don’t know

nomadgurl
Forum Regular

Post by nomadgurl »

Ahhh, thanks.