Might have to lower denomination play.

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Might have to lower denomination play.

Post by Lucky Larry »

Sweet C and I just got our new Medicare costs for 2020. Gone up big time due to AGI....thanks gambling wins. Even in a losing year. :cry: :cry:

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Same here Ll. I have already cut back, but too late in the year to save this year. Actually we just got a letter and evidently there is a program IRS shares with Medicare that also reduces your premium when you fit into that slot. Though we are still paying a big penalty on the part B, it just got reduced because our 2018 AGI went down from 2017. 2019 will be even lower. I tried to warn non tax savy players of the increases and most didnt believe me. Now of course they are crying. Oh well, I didn’t listen to myself as much as I could have either. I’m actually playing some nickel and dime games now and having just as much fun. Of course I have the additional burden of theft from my state of about 7 percent of gross gambling winnings with no ability to offset. I couldn’t even deduct the extra 9,000 check I wrote the state of CT on my federal return as an itemized deduction because of the 10,000 cap on state and local taxes. For anybody considering moving to Ct, be prepared if you live anywhere near the water like I do to pay at least 6,000 a year in real estate property taxes on a 50/100 foot postage stamp lot and 1100 square foot 80 year old house. And we are still nearly a half mile from the shore.