Deuces wild training

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Lateshowrob
Forum Rookie

Deuces wild training

Post by Lateshowrob »

I was playing the daily 10 play contest with the free training mode on regular deuces wild and the trainer indicated I should hold 2 pair rather than one. Is that correct? Every strategy chart I've sees says to hold only one pair.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

That one varies depending on your pay table. If your full house pays 15 vs 20 it makes a big difference.

The 2 pair is more likely to be the correct hold when it pays 20 on the full house.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Agreed. But it doesn't matter whether it's 15, 20, or some other number. If four of a kind pays more than a full house, keep one pair only, and if they pay the same, keep the two pair.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

It matters to me. :cry:

:lol:

Jack231
Forum Newbie

Post by Jack231 »

this strategy is outdated a long time ago ! then someone to share the fresh ways?!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Jack231 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 am
this strategy is outdated a long time ago ! then someone to share the fresh ways?!
Am I the only person who has a difficult time deciphering garbled up posts like this one?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

OMT, I can order you a super deciphering decoder ring just like the one I have.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I got mine in cracker Jax. And it had an extra button in one of the skull eyes. I pressed it and a voice said.....press here if you would like siri to decode this for you!

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

OMT,TED, OLD's, read your posts into Alexa, and she diagnosed quarantine syndrome. :D :up:

Just kidding.

Under isolation myself per instructions of my daughter the nurse. I call her Nurse Ratchet, not to her face of course.

Noted this on evening news: "America Strong". :up:

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

onemoretry wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:28 am
Agreed. But it doesn't matter whether it's 15, 20, or some other number. If four of a kind pays more than a full house, keep one pair only, and if they pay the same, keep the two pair.
That's an interesting way to look at it. And it's probably correct.

Although I definitely teach the value of the full house is the important thing --- and it is --- in every game where "my" rule works, onemoretry's does too.