Typos in "Video Poker For Intelligent Beginner"?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Player422738
VP Veteran

Typos in "Video Poker For Intelligent Beginner"?

Post by Player422738 »

Hi Bob, on the page 45-46, Deuces Bonus and Deuces Double Bonus games should pay equal wager to Straight.

So instead of 2 it should be 1 if I am not mistaken. (Maybe I have an old version of the book.)

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Yeah straight pays 5 credits in those games.

If it paid 10, those games would rock!

Unfortunately in a decent-sized books, mistakes and typos aren't uncommon.

I've found errors on the Wizard of Odds site too.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

I didn't see this earlier. thank you

If the book is every reprinted, we'll get it corrected. Unfortunately we still have several thousand to sell before it gets reprinted.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Bob, if you get to Ct some day, check out CASDC. It was started in 1964. Square Dancing in Ct is more pooular than one might think. If you make it to Mohegan Sun and I’m still Soar Status, I will trade you some buffet vouchers, trips to the lounge if you decide to go and even a mid week overnight if they are still offering them to me for a signed copy of your book. I have to admit, I don’t have it. Also just in case you would be interested, I could introduce you to the director of player development. A very nice guy. He and I share the same interest in the old car hobby. That in itself doesn’t get me any free stuff, but it never hurts to get to know who pretty much runs that end of the business.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

always good to hook up with people I've only met online.

I've been known to barter, but not very often.

bob

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

BobDancer wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:50 pm

If the book is every reprinted, we'll get it corrected. Unfortunately we still have several thousand to sell before it gets reprinted.
Ironically, I am ordering a copy now that I have some time to read and study it. I'll pencil in the corrections when I get it. :)

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Bob, I'm not sure if your book was from a publisher or done vanity-style. But I have been involved in numerous textbooks published during the past quarter century, and I can tell you that in my experience, editing at publishing houses has gone way downhill in recent years. I'm not sure if it is cost-cutting or less qualified editors, but it is very obvious.

Last week I purchased a recent novel by a nationally famous author, published by a leading house, and immediately I found two typo's and one error of fact.

No one can do a final proof better than the original author, so demand final proof authority regardless of the printing deadline.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

My friend’s brother was an old time editor. Once computers came in he got out of the business and said the same thing you did rascal.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

OTABILL wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm
BobDancer wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:50 pm

Ironically, I am ordering a copy now that I have some time to read and study it. I'll pencil in the corrections when I get it. :)
My copy of "Video Poker For the Intelligent Beginner" arrived today. First typo I noticed was in this forum topic -- the omission of "the" in title. :)

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That reminds ne of my posts if I use Siri. One never knows what she/ it will write. If the word The was really supposed to be there, I can almost guarantee some computer programs were heavily relied upon.