Professional players

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
mansi1989
Forum Rookie

Re: Professional players

Post by mansi1989 »

Gronbog wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:59 am
Perhaps 2000 per month (long term average) but not 2000 every month. The expected win rate will vary depending on the play.
gronborg how are you doing with poker
that person falaa mentioned he played once in week and average got 10 000 month. its almost as impossible consider money management. its not possible to play and loose so many units per few days in month. And consider he is banned from this site, makes it only suspicious

Gronbog

Post by Gronbog »

I'm not familiar with that member. Perhaps he was a scammer. If he was claiming to win using a progression system or other form of money management, then his claims are bogus.

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Here is the FLLL guy www.videopoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4907
He recently claimed his progressive system worked but then he discovered the Double Up bug and made his money that way.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

Waiting4RF wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:29 am
Here is the FLLL guy www.videopoker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4907
He recently claimed his progressive system worked but then he discovered the Double Up bug and made his money that way.
Next he'll be claiming he discovered card counting at blackjack.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It's been a number of years since I had to say anything about he-who-shall-not-be-named. It's interesting that he's coming up again after so long. Since it's been a while, I'll offer some context before closing this topic.

In short, he used to be an active participant on this site, during which he was... well, quite a nuisance. He eventually stated that he was actually trying to get banned by his behavior. Oh well. It happened.

I had the pleasure of playing some video poker with him for a time. In person, he was very different. Quite polite, easy to get along with. I will always wonder why he decided that his online persona had to be such a jackass when he actually could have been a great contributor to a lot of VP discussions. But such were his choices. I guess he got a rise out of it.

Ultimately, referring to him here as a "professional" is probably severely mis-stated. While he might have classified himself that way, the only fact about his play that seems to be indisputable is the fact that he drove himself into bankruptcy by playing video poker very poorly.

After that, he would go on to say, he discovered some "secrets" that gave him great success and would pose as an "instructor," basically promoting every myth that your typical gambler comes across and offering validation to suspicions that are actually quite false. Over the years, he admitted that his claims of winning were greatly exaggerated. He then went on to say he was pretty much lying about everything he ever said online in order to cover up some other secret success he had discovered. Whether you believe those new claims or not is up to you. I personally would take anything he says online with a grain of salt, given his very long track record of braggadocios behavior and false claims.

Given the fact that he admits his many years of claims were false, citing any of his theories or win patterns such as those stated at the start of this thread is pointless. You are most likely citing something that he has actually admitted was a complete lie to begin with.

So, with all of these things in mind, discussion of him becomes rather pointless and is no longer allowed here. You could always decide to bring up one of this theories for discussion without associating it with his name, but again, that would probably be pointless since you were probably tricked into believing a lie to begin with.

And that about sums it up. Closing topic.