Promotion Abusers?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: Promotion Abusers?

Post by advantage playe »

Olds , do u still get free play or cash if you achieve a "daily" achievement award ??

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Just free play. To me though, it is the same as cash to me. If I remember, they give you 30 days to use it. Since I used to go 3 or more days a week, it was all the same to me. Foxwoods lets you cash in your points for cash fifty cents on the dollar. Not a great deal, but I used it once in awhile. There is another downside to Mohegan sun free play. Once you download it, you have to play it all or you lose it. At least Foxwoods lets you cash out a playable only ticket if you have only played through part of the free play you downloaded.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

OLD's same here on the bank balance. Just received Visa bill,$318,a low point not seen since about 1967 :up:

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

hey olds, can I get a "daily" achievement award playing full pay pickem ??

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep. Everyone gets a different number of status points they have to reach in a gaming day to get one. The lowest I have ever seen is 15. That is the number for the mrs. That still means you have to cycle through 7,500 bucks just for her to get 25 bucks in free play. My number varies from 40 to 60, so naturally I don’t hit it very often. At 50, I have to cycle through 25,000 to get 100 in free play. Also, when you do hit it, within the next few sessions, they will start upping your number for subsequent sessions. I would like to type a few choice four letter words about that. What it works out to be though is four tenths of one percent at my level. So on a 99.54 ultra boring job game, that puts just shy of a 100 percent return long term. If you factor in the usual free play you get maybe 20 or 30 bucks a session, that brings me up to 100 percent with perfect play. Unfortunately, for me, I’m always under Royaled lifetime so I lose a good chunk of change every year.
In the Mrs case, if she hits the award, she gets another one third of one percent back with the 25 free play based on the 7,500 cycled through. When they reopen, I’m going to have to study up on the pickem strategy and see if I can’t get used to and or liking the game. Especially, because lifetime, I usually get one dealt quad in an 8 or 10 hour session. Oh! Crap that is for draw poker. After I post this, I’m going to go to the Wizard’s site and check the frequency of a dealt quad for pickem.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Well, if I looked up right and did the correct math, I should hit a quad with pickem once every 2,358 hands. Not bad. For me, that would be once every four hours long term.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Jstark wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:25 pm
advantage playe wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:38 am
hey Car it does happen , but not to us ! my friend once said , when u r down at job, u stay down !!
I've had a few +$400-$500 runs on single line quarter 9/6 JoB without hitting a royal or straight flush, so it isn't always true. But probably 99.54% of the time it does stay down. ;)
I've had some good runs on JOB. Got up 1k with multiple quads on dollar play. But never remember 8 in an hour.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

advantage playe wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:00 am
you get status points on the pickem machines . also u can get achieve awards playing pickem , however I have not been at Mohegan sun in 5 years when I was kicked out !!
Badge of honor, no doubt.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

I guess a bit of honor , but I was far from alone ! also honored, at least 10 of my friends and partners with no chance of getting back !! Mohegan sun did not like putting some of my partners children thru college on there dime or for that matter paying off a few morguages on there homes ! still cant spell but I sure can count !

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

The above occurred apx 10 or more years ago when moheagan sun was throwing the biggest advantage play party on earth for apx. 5 years ! still cant spell , I knew I should have finished high school ! oh well !