DDB Progressive Question

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Re: DDB Progressive Question

Post by OTABILL »

Jstark wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:37 am
Although probably very very rare or nonexistent, I just did the 40/10/6 version. The royal would have to pay 1805 for 1 to have the exact same payback percentage as the straight flush or 1806 for 1 for the KQJT suited to be the better hold over KQJT9 suited.

Screenshot_20200807-103323_Samsung Internet.jpg
Thanks for your calculations JStark. I knew it was a no brainer but didn't realize to what extent. BTW, the last RF I got well over 4 years ago was on a non-progressive 40/10/6 DDB machine at Fort McDowell. I wonder if that machine is still there. It was the last time I checked a little over a year ago.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

I've seen exactly 1 person dump the K high straight flush to chase the royal....and he actually hit it! We tried to talk him out of it for about 2 minutes to no avail. Needless to say, his timing that time was good.

I know its proper strategy on DW games, but I've never had that opportunity.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Jstark wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:20 am
I know its proper strategy on DW games, but I've never had that opportunity.
I've played a lot of deuces wild over time, and I have, indeed, been dealt the king high natural straight flush at least a couple of times. And, I did discard the nine to go for the better hand. I don't recall how it turned out - probably not a royal, though, as I would have remembered that.