Vegas CET property video poker

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Csak47100
Forum Rookie

Vegas CET property video poker

Post by Csak47100 »

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone knows if all of better video poker machines ( 9-6 JOB , 8-5 BP ) only earns 1 tier credit per $25 coin in ? I know bad machines earn 1 tier credit per $10 coin in but I was wondering if it’s like that in all of vegas caesers properties ?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I ‘m sorry I don’t know about Vegas, but if you were in Ct, you would be looking at about 500 dollar coin in for one tier credit. How would you like to have to run about 2,000,000 every 6 months through a machine to maintain one of the better status levels?!

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Wow OLD's that's a tough league.
A little less than half that where i play, but VP play is dissed badly for related comp's.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

AC CET at those odds is 1 TC for $50 on quarter or quarter to dollar machines. On $1/$2 machines, 1 TC for $20. I just did the latter at Harrah’s. I’d hate $25. I don’t really use TCs anyway, as a low volume player. They accrue and sit. I eventually have the odd meal.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

At most Vegas CET, the games mentioned require $25 coin-in for one reward credit. I think the Cromwell has one circular "bank" of good paytables (including NSU) for 25c- $1 where it is $50 per RC.

Reward Credits are not exactly the same as Tier Credits. That's a discussion for another day.

Antebellum Reb
Forum Regular

Post by Antebellum Reb »

BobDancer wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:57 am
At most Vegas CET, the games mentioned require $25 coin-in for one reward credit. I think the Cromwell has one circular "bank" of good paytables (including NSU) for 25c- $1 where it is $50 per RC.

Reward Credits are not exactly the same as Tier Credits. That's a discussion for another day.
yes i'd be grateful if someone could explain to me the specific difference becuase until recently i assumed and believed they were basically the same thing. it's been quite a long time since I was last in a cet property to use then but hopefully that will soon change.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Tier Credits determine your status level, i.e., gold, platinum, diamond, seven star, or whatever. Reward Credits are akin to comp dollars. You can exchange them for a variety of things and services, and slot play. A reward credit is usually worth 1c when it's redeemed, but often the redemption rate is not one for one.

When you earn a Tier Credit, basically, you also earn a Reward Credit. But, quite often, there are multiplier promotions for the reward credits, as well.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

onemoretry's simplification is quite good. There are lots of exceptions.

One place to read up on it is sevenstarsinsider.com. This is not an official CET publication but rather written by a slot player who has devoted his life towards learning the ins and outs of the CET system. You do not have to be a seven stars member to access it.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Antebellum Reb, at CET properties it is the norm to earn one tier credit (tc) and one reward credit (rc) for every $5 of slot play and $10 of video poker play. At some of the properties we have visited most notably Atlantic City and Vegas they have what they consider premium VP machines that require $20 sometimes as much as $50 coin in to earn a tc. Usually it is a game like 9-6 JOB or 8-5 BP. A couple of years ago CET went through and downgraded almost all of their pay tables to where there is mostly 8-5 JOB and 6-5 or 7-5 BP. The DDB and Deuces games had pay tables lowered as well. You can still find a few machines with decent pay tables if you look that pay one tc per $10 coin in but they are getting harder to find.

Additionally CET has both tc and rc multipliers throughout the year that make it easier to climb the ladder in card status (tc's ) and accumulate comps (rc's). Also at CET your tc's are set back to zero at the start of each year. Your rc's stay on the books as long as you continue to visit a CET property. I think if you go more than six months without activity you will lose the rc's you have accumulated. For this year due to the pandemic CET has extended the activity requirement through at least the end of the year. Hope this helps.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

AR, CET also has daily tier credit bonuses. Earn 500 tc's you get 125 tc bonus. Earn 1000 tc's in a day you get a 1000 tc bonus. Earn 2,500 tc's in a day you get a 5,000 tc bonus. Earn 5,000 tc's in a day you get a 10,000 tc bonus. If you are planning a trip there keep these bonuses in mind. They will make it easier than ever to get to diamond or seven star card level. Keep in mind these tc bonuses do not apply to rc's.