King ten suited? Mixed EV

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Re: King ten suited? Mixed EV

Post by BobDancer »

Nathan G wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:13 am

On 7 stars calcs, if I calculate correctly, I would need to acquire 5k TC's 8.3 times (IE, earn 5k TC's + the 10k tier bonus earnings) to reach the current 125k for & stars. That would equate to roughly $1.04 million coin in (assuming a $25 coin in per TC on a 9/6 JoB) for a theoretical loss of $4.7k? Just wanted to put my numbers out there in case anyone wanted to spot check to ensure I'm not missing a variable in my calcs.
That's the way you do it.

Seven Star benefits include up to $1200 in airfare in a trip to another Caesars property, including $500 food credit; $500 in food in Vegas; a discount on a cruise (not sure if that industry will be up and running again in time for you to use it); and some other minor things such as access to a diamond lounge which have rather piddly amenities in may locations. They will send you mailers so if you spread out your 8.3 ($50K) plays, you'll probably get $100 or so in free play to start each one. It's not much, but it does take you down to a $4K cost.

The RCs themselves have some value. And there are multiplier days for both RCs and year end giveaway points, so planning your play days carefully might take you down to -$3.5 in EV loss.

What part of that is worth $3.5K to you?

On other posts in this thread, JStark's statement of KTx penalty card situation is correct, and once a card is discarded it will not come back on this hand.

there are other penalty card situations in 9/6 JoB. Not many. Not very difficult. But if you don't know them, you're EV loss will go up from whatever you calculate. Your calculations presumed perfect play.