Help! Best strategy Multi-strike 3Deuce Straight Flush

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Dr.No
Forum Newbie

Re: Help! Best strategy Multi-strike 3Deuce Straight Flush

Post by Dr.No »

Should u go for the big win most of the time since this is a tourney setting?

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Lucky Larry wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:22 pm
Bob, et.al.
I used VPW and WinPoker for a single hand of DW DB analysis to check prior to asking the question. I'd learned from you and others to keep the DRF, 5K, 3D/A from my readings/research over the years.

Carrie's question was more oriented to the upper 4X and 8X multiplier. My assumption was you would still play it the regular way.

Thanks everyone, I'll text her tonight since she's probably playing it tonight.
So long as you have VPW, you can check all four Multi Strike levels for any hand. (and in this one hand, you hold the deuces at all levels). Using WinPoker only works for Multi Strike if you make adjustments to the pay schedule to account for higher levels. The adjustments of adding 6 to each Level 1x category, 4 to every 2x category, 2 to every 4x category, and no adjustment at all for 8x or free ride.

I don't know what pay schedule you're talking about (this works for all pay schedules), but to see how you'd add Level 1 x multipliers to NSU Deuces Wild, do it this way, with the first column of numbers being normal pay schedule and the second being the pay schedule after adjustment. I don't know how well the columns will line up when posted, but you should be able to figure it out.

once you see how adding 6 to each category works, it's easy to do it again adding 4 or 2 for Level 2x and Level 4x respectively

You asked about 8x --- there are no adjustments at all for 8x. Period. The game is over after the hand is played and there is no 'next level' to move up to.

Royal Flush 800 806
4 Deuces 200 206
Wild Royal Flush 25 31
5 of a Kind 16 22
Straight Flush 10 16
4 of a Kind 4 10
Full House 4 10
Flush 3 9
Straight 2 8
3 of a Kind 1 7

This methodology isn't exact --- but it's very, very close and is the best way to learn the various strategies if you don't have the VPW software.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Dr.No wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:42 pm
Should u go for the big win most of the time since this is a tourney setting?
Maybe. It depends on what kind of tournament and what your score to date is.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

BobDancer wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:54 pm
Using WinPoker only works for Multi Strike if you make adjustments to the pay schedule to account for higher levels. The adjustments of adding 6 to each Level 1x category, 4 to every 2x category, 2 to every 4x category, and no adjustment at all for 8x or free ride.
Ah, yes, now I remember! That's the method I was referring to in my previous post.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Bob,
Thanks for the heads up.

Dr. No, maybe I misunderstood your comment but the Multi-strike is not being played in a tournament.