Volatility - Jacks Or Better vs Triple Double Bonus

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Volatility - Jacks Or Better vs Triple Double Bonus

Post by FAA »

I have been more and more tolerant of net zero, like a grateful robot. Frequent busts will do that. Gambling is just a function of where you are on the risk/reward frontier graph. Break even is however a waste of energy and time, so I want at least a +$50 to make the endeavor worthwhile. That requires moving into the bonus game sphere, which I will edge into more to close out the year. You need quads on the half hour otherwise for a positive JOB day.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I waited impatiently today for my JOB quads every half hour. Instead, the machine gave me one in a half day. The guy playing next to me playing max bet 25 bucks a hand DDB, hit quad 4s, and quad 3s twice within a half hour. He couldn't believe it himself, though he admitted to being down over 5,000 bucks before he sat down. Needless to say, 3 huge hand pays for him. He was playing a 9/6 paytable.
Hard to believe.... only 1,500 left of my two recent handpays that totaled 4,600 bucks. 4 straight down losing sessions. I asked the guy who won above if he ever played Triple Double. He said NO!! The low paying 3 of a kind turns him off. All he plays is DDB.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I took one look at the volatility stats on these games and never even bothered learning them. I think BP and DW should be sufficient excitement.

Player422738
VP Veteran

Post by Player422738 »

If everyone is interested, i can simulate NSU DW (99.7%) vs BONUS DW (99.4%)

timtanium
Forum Newbie

Post by timtanium »

I would like to see NSUDW vs JOB vs BP. Those are the three games I play mostly.

Minnesota3
Forum Regular

Post by Minnesota3 »

You have the super volatile Triple Triple Bonus out there now too. After playing that game, DDB volatility
seems very manageable.