using the same Strategy 8/5 Bonus Poker 9/6 Jacks or better

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Hotshooter
Forum Rookie

Re: using the same Strategy 8/5 Bonus Poker 9/6 Jacks or better

Post by Hotshooter »

BobDancer wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 pm
How much a given error affects the return depends on two things:

How big the error is? How often does that particular error occur?

If you're looking at an error that only comes about every 100,000 hands or so, that's not going to effect things much. If you're looking at an error that occurs every 40 hands, well, that's going to make a big difference.

Does that help?
Yes it does. I am just trying to understand that if their is merit to using your 9/6 jacks or better strategy on 8/5 bonus poker for simplicity purpose, or if the reverse, using the 8/5 basic strategy on 9/6 would be better. Clearly the software will ding me for an error when using one strategy on certain hands for the other games.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

Hey Bob, I'm not very good with Facebook. Since your status on this website is PRO, you can send messages here to anyone who is GOLD or PRO by clicking on the INBOX choice on the top right of the page. You should have a red number as a subscript there now since I just sent you a message with my personal email address.

Once you click on INBOX, the only choices are New Message and View Outbox (which would have contents only after you sent something with that vehicle) or clicking on a message that is listed in your INBOX. You can REPLY to messages or initiate your own private message by clicking on New Message. After hitting New Message, I think it is fairly self-explanatory as there are just 3 boxes to write in: To, Subject, and Message, then a single button so you can SEND the message. You can send something to me with the Username New2vp. This facility doesn't have formatting or the ability to send an attachment as far as I know, but you can copy/paste or delete fairly easily.

I'll send a similar message to your email address from mine.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

New2vp --- thanks for teaching me how to send messages on this site