Martiandale Clone

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Martiandale Clone

Post by FAA »

Absolutely choose the machine which allows the most granular options. If they’re in control, you’re not!

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:25 am
Absolutely choose the machine which allows the most granular options. If they’re in control, you’re not!
That particular Spin Poker game in my photo allows you to dial your paylines from 1 to 9, your coins from 1 to 20, and your denom from 1 to 2 to 5 (cents).

You could start at 1 cent and progress 1 cent up at a time. The only hitch would be the stupid prime numbers. You wouldn't be able to bet exactly 11 cents, or 13 cents, or 17 or 19, ....

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I’m not trying to go that low. But an hour of single line BP at quarter, an hour at fifty, thirty minutes at dollar should be a substantial risk reduction for me. I’m getting on board with this type of trip.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

The math folks will cringe at this, but it has been a tremendous help to me. I have noticed playing regular deuces wild with my mild Martingale clone progression that going against the math in two areas has helped me from almost busting my budget and keeps me playing much longer until I hit a Royal, quad deuces, or several wild royals close together.
I no longer hold a single deuce and two cards 6/7 or better to a straight flush. I just keep the deuce because the straight flush hardly ever connects
I also don’t draw to an inside straight with a single deuce and jyst keep the deuce. It has been working well

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Correction to the above. Meant to say the only straight I will draw to is an outside one without a deuce.
I also have stopped holding 2 cards to a Royal without a deuce. If I wasn’t using the clone, I don’t think I would be doing better playing this way. Will see what happens tomorrow evening. Another evening and maybe overnight session coming up

Waiting4RF
VP Veteran

Post by Waiting4RF »

Expected return for a strategy is only focused on the maximum coins returned on average over the long run. Your strategy change sounds like you are going for a higher win probability instead of a higher return so you don't have to increase your bet.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Exactly. I don’t mind and do increase the.bet, just trying to keep from busting bankroll or maxing out at a 25 buck bet per hand where at that point, I cannot use the Martingale Clone.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 pm
I ran up just for a few hours. Played the Martingale clone as described above. Bet got pretty high. I got a junk hand and tossed it. This was the result. The machine auto held the cards on the redeal. This is the same machine that gave me a redeal Royal a few months ago.
Mine today also auto held:

The machine filled in the draw cards left to right as usual, then "held" all five cards left to right before ringing up the credits.

I had a previous redraw/redeal royal a year or two ago, and the (different) machine did not hold cards. It must be either a configurable option or variation between software releases. I don't understand the logic of activating the HELD indicators.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations. We should both stick to quarters for the rest of the year. It really minimizes the pain. You lose $80/hour if absurdly unlucky.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:55 pm
Congratulations. We should both stick to quarters for the rest of the year.
Thanks. I'm sticking to quarters for the rest of the month. :mrgreen: