Free play accepted here

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
davidearl

Re: Free play accepted here

Post by davidearl »

wildman49 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:30 am
davidearl wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:57 am
Just for the record, I reread what I wrote, and I just want to say that an advantage player is NOT a video poker whale. Someone who doesn't look for good pay tables, and doesn't learn perfect play is. Wildman is not the video poker whale(s) I was referring to. Glad you're back Wildman! Have a whale of a good time. :lol:
I never saw any BIG VP players. At least not smart ones. The $5 machines set empty most of the time before any ban players. There might be a biggie that played high limit Ultimate X but not a smart game since the pay tables are bad. I been playing some $25 hands in high limit and most the time I sit for 9/6 JOB for a few hands the last player was playing 1 coin.

There are a few smart players left playing 5 bucks a hand on good pay scales but with the slot player at a 4 to 1 advantage on drawing entrees there's not much to play for now.
The High Limit, playing 10 hand Ultimate X @ $1. Then some more on his way out with his food by the Players Club, last Friday. Dbl Dbl and TDB.

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 am
I don’t know if anyone has discovered this over the years, but I sure have. By far, the most jackpots and hand pays I hit are between the hours of 4AM and about 7:30AM. Something else strange.
On an ice cold machine, if I switch from JOB to Deuces Wild or the reverse within the same machine, often it will hit good hands immediately. Even changing from quarters to halves seems to make a difference. I have no explanation why. It could be that I am ignoring the times it doesn’t make a difference, but I don’t think so.
Last call is 1:45 in Michigan. sometime between 1:45 and 3am is when I start hitting.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

davidearl wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 am
olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 am
I don’t know if anyone has discovered this over the years, but I sure have. By far, the most jackpots and hand pays I hit are between the hours of 4AM and about 7:30AM. Something else strange.
On an ice cold machine, if I switch from JOB to Deuces Wild or the reverse within the same machine, often it will hit good hands immediately. Even changing from quarters to halves seems to make a difference. I have no explanation why. It could be that I am ignoring the times it doesn’t make a difference, but I don’t think so.
Last call is 1:45 in Michigan. sometime between 1:45 and 3am is when I start hitting.
I'm dead asleep at those hours down here. Used to do many overnighters but not anymore.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

86ing players, management should restrict to Sundays only.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Two independent conclusions from vastly different parts of the country. The machines all make their mandated pay outs. It's just a matter of when. Why not be a bit more generous on the busy day?