When drawing one card for a top pay...

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: When drawing one card for a top pay...

Post by billryan »

Eduardo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:02 pm
Don't listen to these people. You are on the right track but a minute or two is far too long. Based on the rate of electrons in modern day chips, you should draw closer to 17.2 or 17.3 seconds. Try it and I guarantee you will be successful twice as often as walking away from the machine 50% of the time without drawing.
Loose lips sink ships.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Maybe at Foxwoods AP if it ever gets safe again. Everything is going in the wrong direction Covidwise.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

The more I lose, the faster I play.
----------------------------------------
That used to happen to me. The panic to recoup sets in and spikes the adrenaline. But wait twenty to thirty seconds anyway. If you get on a Deal bender, it's just curtains.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:32 pm
I have found one thing for sure. The more I lose, the faster I play. This is bad for there will be more mistakes as well. Some are the machine and some are mine.
Olds, it is certainly an imperfect comparison, but your last couple statements reminded me of the punchline in Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville:

"Yes, and some people claim there's a woman* to blame
And I know it's my own damn fault"

*We could certainly substitute the words "poker machine" for "woman" above. ;)

But who cares about a couple bucks? What could be better than a summer day, nibbling on sponge cake, throwing down a few shrimp, and washing it down with a frozen concoction from the blender, while waiting for the next jackpot?

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

New2vp wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:35 pm
Eduardo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:02 pm
Don't listen to these people. You are on the right track but a minute or two is far too long. Based on the rate of electrons in modern day chips, you should draw closer to 17.2 or 17.3 seconds. Try it and I guarantee you will be successful twice as often as walking away from the machine 50% of the time without drawing.
If the RNG is at all tied to the internal clock, it should also depend on your time zone ... and whether or not Daylight Saving Time is in effect. ;)
No daylight savings here so one less factor to consider. :lol:

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:34 pm
Maybe at Foxwoods AP if it ever gets safe again. Everything is going in the wrong direction Covidwise.
Last trip to fox woods I noticed the full pay job slant tops , at the Hampton club, were lowered , those smaller uprights against the wall r still full pay but way less comfortable !! IF I go anytime soon I will let u know .

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

OMG. Uprights against the wall made me flash back to all my depressing Bally's sessions with JOB.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I noticed the same. They have re-organize that entire area now and the Hampton lounge was moved. They moved it again when Covid hit but I haven’t been in a long time so I’m not sure what the latest is or if they even have 99% dollar machines anymore. If they don’t the only reason I would go there would be a meet and greet drinks and dinner. At any rate , Hope to meet up one of these days.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:57 pm
I noticed the same. They have re-organize that entire area now and the Hampton lounge was moved. They moved it again when Covid hit but I haven’t been in a long time so I’m not sure what the latest is or if they even have 99% dollar machines anymore. If they don’t the only reason I would go there would be a meet and greet drinks and dinner. At any rate , Hope to meet up one of these days.
according to VPfree 2, foxwoods still has full pay job for dollars but last I was there the slants went from 9 6 full pay to either 8 6 or 9 5 which lowers return apx. 1 % if I am going to lose a few grand at least give me a comfortable experience lol !!

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I remember a game king at Caesars AC that had 100.7% All American back in the day. It was mounted to a post at the bottom of the escalators from the check in desk. You had to stand up to play it. Sometimes on Friday afternoon, it was the only All American available, so I stood and played. Did very well on that machine for a year or two. Unusual number of royals.