Quick Quads Question.

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Quick Quads Question.

Post by Tedlark »

Jstark wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:41 am
In DDB or TDB QQ, I would how many people sit and ponder when dealt 22AAx.
Not too much to ponder, sitting or standing, as far as I'm concerned.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

Jstark wrote:
When I teach DDB QQ, every time I ask the difference between AA22x and AA33x. Since you generally just hold aces from aces, many players automatically hold the aces in both cases.

Finally, when it's explained that AA22 is also a "Quick Trip," meaning a pair with two other cards adding up to the rank pair, they see the difference. Drawing a deuce to the first combination yields 400 coins. Drawing a trey to the second combination yields 45 coins. Big difference --- whether you're sitting or standing

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

BobDancer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:54 pm
Jstark wrote:
When I teach DDB QQ, every time I ask the difference between AA22x and AA33x. Since you generally just hold aces from aces, many players automatically hold the aces in both cases.

Finally, when it's explained that AA22 is also a "Quick Trip," meaning a pair with two other cards adding up to the rank pair, they see the difference. Drawing a deuce to the first combination yields 400 coins. Drawing a trey to the second combination yields 45 coins. Big difference --- whether you're sitting or standing
And you can also draw a third ace, also yielding 45 coins if you miss out on one of the remaining deuces.

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

BobDancer wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:54 pm
Jstark wrote:

Right, but I'm talking about the general gambler that's never heard of you.

Had a guy next to me a couple of days ago that was playing UX holding stuff like a lone King over King/Jack. Even watched him hold 77 over 7755x

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Had a brain fart over this one- 4S,4H, 2C,2S, AH. I was calculating if breaking up the two pair was better than holding them and the numbers weren't adding up. When I realized my error I decided I'd been practicing long enough. Sometimes the eyes see what they see.