high betting APs

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
wildman49
Video Poker Master

high betting APs

Post by wildman49 »

I been following this guy for some time. He says he makes 40k a year easy. He is from CA and goes to Vegas often. He only plays bonus games never seen him play JOB. Can one hit enough premium hands in these games to make a profit year after year? He rarely hits a royal and does do many live feed plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYwv3rUIzU

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Check out the low roller comment: Here I was all high and mighty getting a quad of tens at my local. Walked out +$42.
That was an incredibly fast session, my favorite kind. So his best year was 2019 at +$162,000 and now he's challenging it. I don't doubt him. Only playing Bonus games is clever. Driving in that often from California demands positive trips to justify all the time and money expense. You may hit dozens of RFs a year, but he's hitting a gold mine. I'd like one session of just bonus games at $5 a hand. Let's see what happens. I mean, we don't go to break even. I can take some BP risk.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

He is much more relatable when playing good old BP. But he wouldn't be asking for a six figure check.

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

Hey, Wildman. I didn't arrive at the Eagle until a little after Midnight, this morning. When I got to Bar 1, there was a diamond card left in the $5 machine nearest to the parking garage. Saw the name, and thought it could be yours. So I checked the last game played, and it was a 8/5 bonus game that you play on your way out. Last hand hit was a full house. Was it you?
What do I get if I use your card to get in the VIP room? Just trouble? :lol:

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

David not me I don't play bar one much at all. Are you going to be around this weekend like Saturday for REO?

davidearl

Post by davidearl »

No REO. Good chance of rain...Last time I went to a outdoors, sat in the mud on the hill. Said never again, sit in a chair or don't go. I'll be there tonight and Friday.
I got 1 ticket for the payout party next week. Got a quarter aces with a kicker X3 for a minimum hand pay last month. Maybe then.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

REO indoor concert, will be on bar 2 early Thursday for extra pay

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

wildman49 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:21 pm

wildman you'll be "ridin the storm out"?

Kevin Cronin grew up down the street from me, was a few years older, went to the same high school. Just a side note: Michael Flatley, a.k.a. "Lord of the Dance" also went to this same school.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

Tedlark wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:22 pm
wildman49 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:21 pm

wildman you'll be "ridin the storm out"?

Kevin Cronin grew up down the street from me, was a few years older, went to the same high school. Just a side note: Michael Flatley, a.k.a. "Lord of the Dance" also went to this same school.

Yes TED Saturday night, my 4th time seeing them. Always a good show.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Saw REO at Mohegan in 2013. Like you said, always a good show. I just watched Ridin Out the Storm from 1977 on You Tube. Enjoy the show and good luck.