Double up?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Double up?

Post by stevel96a1 »

i read double up does not give/take anything basically almost a 50/50 shot
but i am wondering how high does double up go?

i see the option in resorts ac and if theres a limit?

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Often the limit is shown on the machine in the form of a manually generated sticker, e.g. "Double up to $2000" or "Maximum double up $8000." Actually it DOES give (double) / take (nothing), except when there is a draw, then you have the option to try again or cancel and take your original win. It's not almost a 50/50 shot- it is EXACTLY a 50/50 shot. There is no house edge on this bet. However, it does not alter the payback- a 99.46 game remains a 99.46% game.

It does raise the volatility from some to a lot, depending on the game.

From a practical standpoint, the double up goes high in proportion to the size of your balls. Would you double up on a full house? A quad? What about a royal? Multiple double ups?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

If u get credit for coin in it may be something to consider ??

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

advantage playe wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:08 pm
If u get credit for coin in it may be something to consider ??
I don't believe that a player gets credit for coin in when activating the double up feature but I could be wrong.

TripleTriple
VP Veteran

Post by TripleTriple »

Initial coin in only. Since you don't add anymore coin for double up, you don't get anymore credit! You get a truly fair game on the double up portion; you can't expect them to comp you for a "neutral" game- everybody with any bankroll would be playing a 99%+ game at $5 or more.

But if you hit a couple back to back double ups, you have that much more to play and gain credits...then again, if you lose a few, your session may be a bust.

Also, I have heard, but cannot confirm, that on certain machines, you can request the double up feature be activated- I don't think it's a five minute thing though.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Makes sense since u r not adding any extra coin out of pocket . Thanks everyone !

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

video poker is the only game to my knowledge to buy in for 40$ bankroll and reach thus so far 11k+
atleast on my phone that double up feature really sky rocket my bankroll on double double bonus