Best Cashing-Out Practices??

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Re: Best Cashing-Out Practices??

Post by stevel96a1 »

quick update, the style of play beat/won one of wizards approved website, will try at atlantic city this weekend.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Stay tuned. Speaking of Martingale Clone, I have I think found a way to stay around even or have minimal losses even on not the best paytables until something at least decent like 100 for 1 hits. The bad part is it is very slow and somewhat boring, but it still involves Martingale Clone. It will be posted in the rec forum if I am able to win or at least lose tiny amounts at least 10 straight sessions. So far I only have 3. Will see what happens. By the way it involves triple play or spin poker with 3 lines.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:48 pm
Stay tuned. Speaking of Martingale Clone, I have I think found a way to stay around even or have minimal losses even on not the best paytables until something at least decent like 100 for 1 hits. The bad part is it is very slow and somewhat boring, but it still involves Martingale Clone. It will be posted in the rec forum if I am able to win or at least lose tiny amounts at least 10 straight sessions. So far I only have 3. Will see what happens. By the way it involves triple play or spin poker with 3 lines.
On a personal level, I wish you good luck, Olds, but count me a skeptic. It can be shown that a series of negative-expectations bets (which is what we're talking about here) can never produce a positive long term result. Whether you can get good results 5 times in a row, 10 times in a row, 20 times in a row, whatever, PAYDAY IS COMING. Keep at it and you will always end up in the red.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:48 pm
Old, if you break the bank 10 times over or 20 times over retire early, Bob maybe right or he could be wrong, but no one can tell you how to gamble, i say go for it , break the bank and win 20 big jackpots 20 times over heck even 5 can be a small fortune, youtube johns video poker world and you will see what i mean starting off with a 100$ free play and ending the night with 100k jackpot, never in a million years would anyone achieve those results with 100$ roll into 100k not even bob himself atleast in one nights time.

or do what bob says and others flat bet 100$ roll and have fun it or go for all the marbles =)

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I am still a small time rec player and have no expectations of ever making a living at it. Too risky at my age. My heavy coin in is the result of about 150 trips a year. I still with the Clone find myself ahead about every session. The problem is I don’t quit most times because I like the game so much. VP is still like a sine curve tilted down a bit. Get out on the peaks, and I think I can do ok. With the latest slow clone action, the downside is the waiting game most sessions 8-10 hours of play until you get a medium size hit at 100 for one or better that wipes out session losses and then some. It is not for everybody. I also as a rec player, believe you need a loss cap meaning quit and run eating the session losses because you cannot outrun the math forever. Those sessions at least for me are few and far between so far. My current quit level is losing 1,200 a session. Still as always a work in process and trying to stick with 99 percent games and take advantage of things like triple status points that can push you over 100 percent ER long term.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

stevel96a1 this is the actual strategy section of the forum. Bob gave the “best strategy”. He’s not wrong, you are. The strategy is well known and published everywhere backed up by math. I personally look forward to Bobs expert advice and it’s one of many reasons to be a member of this forum. If you want to do your thing oh well, don’t state is as right. Olds himself has long admitted he enjoys the thrill of the chase and the working on a system part of what he does as much as everything else about the games he plays.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

pokerforme wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:33 am
stevel96a1 this is the actual strategy section of the forum. Bob gave the “best strategy”. He’s not wrong, you are. The strategy is well known and published everywhere backed up by math. I personally look forward to Bobs expert advice and it’s one of many reasons to be a member of this forum. If you want to do your thing oh well, don’t state is as right. Olds himself has long admitted he enjoys the thrill of the chase and the working on a system part of what he does as much as everything else about the games he plays.
im not wrong, YOU ARE WRONG! how about that? if Old wants to continue his martingale clone then he will do so, and if i wish to give him a thumbs up so be it and if you don't like it theres the door k? being backed by math? what a sad joke, i read plenty of card counters tuns of them who went into the trade with 50k lost half of it then get backed off/flyered. so you wanna talk about math? try counting for weeks on end and losing more than 1/3 of your roll and watching the other guy close out jackpot after jackpot ending a year a big winner! thats what math gets you so you are incorrect Pokerforme

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Sad joke=steve

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

pokerforme wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:57 pm
Sad joke=steve
Watch out pokerforme, you've been told where the door is. k?

LOL.....

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

pokerforme wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:57 pm
Sad joke=steve
pokerforme your momma is sad joke =)