3 Royals in one day in monthly

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: 3 Royals in one day in monthly

Post by onemoretry »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:39 am
Thank you OMT.
You're welcome. Actually, I probably should apologize for my attempt at a humorous comment. Every now and then, a mischievous little imp in my brain takes over, and persuades me to
post something that would be better kept to myself.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:33 am
Any time you can finish in the top 100 in the daily you have had a very good month. Congrats for a nice month. My goal each month is to at least break even. Unfortunately I ended the month somewhere south of 500th place. Seemed like most of my games hovered in the 330 - 380 range. Even with my poor performance, the daily contest is still the contest I enjoy the most.
Thanks. Luck and a little help from BD's strategy chart. :)

rayj

Post by rayj »

I actually hit two royals on .25 DDBP, nearly back to back on the same machine at the Tucson Desert Diamond a few years ago! I couldn't believe it!

Lateshowrob
Forum Rookie

Post by Lateshowrob »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Any time you can finish in the top 100 in the daily you have had a very good month. Congrats for a nice month. My goal each month is to at least break even. Unfortunately I ended the month somewhere south of 500th place. Seemed like most of my games hovered in the 330 - 380 range. Even with my poor performance, the daily contest is still the contest I enjoy the most.
Agreed, seemoreroyals. The daily (max of 8 or 12 entries) and the monthly contests are the only truly "fair" contests in that there is a limit to the number of times one can play. The same names seem to hit the Keno leaderboard frequently, as one can simply play hundreds of times by sitting in front of the computer all day or by using some sort of bot to play for them. A bit frustrating but not much we can do.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Lateshowrob wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:13 am
seemoreroyals wrote:
Agreed, seemoreroyals. The daily (max of 8 or 12 entries) and the monthly contests are the only truly "fair" contests in that there is a limit to the number of times one can play. The same names seem to hit the Keno leaderboard frequently, as one can simply play hundreds of times by sitting in front of the computer all day or by using some sort of bot to play for them. A bit frustrating but not much we can do.
I had a better month this month. Finished with 82,015 just outside top 100. Up 4515 credits. Overall monthly is still my favorite. Weekly contest is my least favorite because, as you mentioned, unlimited number of times play allowed. Same with keno contest. It would also be a better contest if number of games played per day were limited.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I think you guys are right. For the keno contest at least, a limited number of sessions would be an improvement.

Probably a few more sessions than the daily contest, since it can usually play so quickly.

Lateshowrob
Forum Rookie

Post by Lateshowrob »

Webman, I'm not suggesting Keno (or weekly) plays be limited; it's just a much harder contest to win because of the ability to play 24 hours a day if one wanted to.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Webman wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 pm
I think you guys are right. For the keno contest at least, a limited number of sessions would be an improvement.

Probably a few more sessions than the daily contest, since it can usually play so quickly.
Is the members rule weekly contest starting next week going to replace the regular weekly contest?

Lateshowrob
Forum Rookie

Post by Lateshowrob »

What is the members rule contest?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The Members Rule contest will be a contest hosted by a member of the site. There will be a Host Competition to decide who gets to host it the following week. They pick the game, the number of sessions, sessions per day as well as how they want to distribute the prizes. Full details coming Monday!

And no, it does not replace the current Weekly Contest. It will be in addition to it, so more options to play.