3 Royals in one day in monthly

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: 3 Royals in one day in monthly

Post by Webman »

Thought I would check in on this one at the end of the month. This glorious day by clubhouse77 resulted in... a 19th place finish. Even with such a special day early in the month, they just weren't able to put together enough points the remainder of the month for a prize finish.

First place this month was truly special. Indianadoanes finishing with 100,175. Only the second person to ever clear 100K points in the monthly (Shopgirl had 101,365 three years ago in May). And for Indianadoanes, their first time in 10 years winning a contest (4 years since having a top 10 finish). Congrats to indianadoanes on a great month!

Granted, there are still a few hours remaining but I don't see anyone near the top that will change these results.

Lateshowrob
Forum Rookie

Post by Lateshowrob »

Hah, was thinking the same thing Webman. The great couple of days by clubhouse didn't even land him or her in the top 10. Indiana was almost 9,000 points better than the second place finisher; do you know if that's a record?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Lateshowrob wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:11 pm
Indiana was almost 9,000 points better than the second place finisher; do you know if that's a record?
I was wondering that, as well. That is a phenomenal gap between first and second place.

And, it's really hard to believe that four royals in a month did not even produce a top ten finish for clubhouse 77. It just goes to show how difficult it is to win the monthly contest!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Hanging by a thread in the top 100 with 20 minutes to go. Need to stay there for an achievement.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

OTABILL wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:41 pm
Hanging by a thread in the top 100 with 20 minutes to go. Need to stay there for an achievement.
Update, was 99th at 1 minute to midnight. Signed back on and found out I survived. Ironically, never got a royal during the July monthly if my memory hasn't deserted me.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Any time you can finish in the top 100 in the daily you have had a very good month. Congrats for a nice month. My goal each month is to at least break even. Unfortunately I ended the month somewhere south of 500th place. Seemed like most of my games hovered in the 330 - 380 range. Even with my poor performance, the daily contest is still the contest I enjoy the most.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

By daily you mean monthly? (Which you play... daily) :)

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Yes I mean monthly that I pay daily. Nice catch!!!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

seemoreroyals wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:56 am
Yes I mean monthly that I pay daily.
You have to pay? I play for free!

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Play. I do pay though to get the gold membership. Thinking about going pro as well for the expanded training program. I do need to work on my proofreading. Thank you OMT.