Tournament of Champions Contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Leeknows
Forum Rookie

Tournament of Champions Contest

Post by Leeknows »

This is the first year I've qualified for the T of C Contest, and I'm not entirely clear on a few points. First, if a participant has 3 sessions per day, does he/she have to play all 3 and only 3 on each day, or can a player play 1 or 2 games on day one, and save some to play on day 2,3 or 4?

Also, I've read that there are roughly 1200 qualifiers, but less than 700 scores are listed. Are there that many people who qualified more than once, did people forget, or as the first question suggests, can a player save their games for a later day?

Thanks

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

1) You have 3 available each day and they must be played on that day

2) There are some people with multiple entries, but nowhere near that number. Many I believe just forget. We email everyone prior to the contest, but some people have our emails blocked or do not receive them and miss the reminder. If someone has not played on the first day we give them a second courtesy reminder from a separate email address. And occasionally we have a few people who simply refuse to play because they don’t like the game selection. We even had someone qualify for the final round once and not play it because they don’t like TDB. Good news for the other players, I guess.

Leeknows
Forum Rookie

Post by Leeknows »

Thanks for the reply. Not playing because they don't like the game certainly qualifies as cutting off their nose to spite their face. I dont care for TDB either, but as long as everyone plays the same game and plays for VP.com money, I'm good!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yes, for a 1/50 chance at that prize ($1,000 cash, airfare, show tickets, etc), I find it almost unbelievable that you wouldn't take a few minutes to play just about any game (for free). But like I said... better for the other 49 players, so to each his own! ;)

rayj

Post by rayj »

So how the heck do I play in this contest. I do qualify. What games must I play?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

rayj wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 am
So how the heck do I play in this contest. I do qualify. What games must I play?
See response in the other topic you posted.

Littlemomo
Forum Newbie

Post by Littlemomo »

Commenting for the achievement