Monthly drawing

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
mjterry
Forum Rookie

Monthly drawing

Post by mjterry »

Is this double entry month ? How can 2 players have over 1000 entries on day 12 ?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I think we will have to switch the keno contest to a limited number of sessions per day (perhaps 20 or so). Probably beginning next month.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

Did you ever cap the number of sessions per day on the weekly contest?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

No, good point. I think it would be appropriate for both to have a daily max.

Methodless
Forum Newbie

Post by Methodless »

Daily max for entries, or daily max altogether?

Sometimes I really bank on a heavy keno session to get my stars for the month since it's way faster and I can play while I am half asleep because I don't need my brain.
I understand having entries capped, but it would make it harder for me to reach 7 star status, personally if the actual number of sessions were capped.

I usually only play the weekly on days where I was able to play the max sessions on the daily and have time for more - partly because I don't have a chance against people who can play all day, so I do see the logic behind the decision to have a cap.

If you're worried solely about fairness for the iPad, could you instead consider raising the threshold for a monthly drawing so that the people overdoing keno just get less of them instead of actually being unable to play?

However you do it, just please give consideration to people who don't get to 25000 hands by playing 1000 hands a day everyday and maybe make up for it on the weekend or one random night a week, or whatever it may be.

I'm not here a ton, but when I am, I really do try to get that 7 star status

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I think a cap on total sessions played per day would be the most fair, both for the ipad drawing and the contest itself. Some keno games play much faster than VP, so I understand wanting to play it for the stars. You could still play keno games that are not contests in order to earn stars once you have reached your daily limit on contest sessions.

Methodless
Forum Newbie

Post by Methodless »

Can I?

I was playing VP a couple days ago and while I got points for a non-contest game, it did not move my hands meter towards the next star.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Non-contest games earn points as well, yes. You should see the meter increase just the same. If it hasn’t refreshed for some reason, click on the players club page link and it will force an update of your total.

Methodless
Forum Newbie

Post by Methodless »

If this works, then I have no concerns :)
It didn't appear that it did, but I'll take your word for it

I will still ask if you'll consider letting the limit accumulate the way it does for the monthly contest so that I can play unplayed sessions on a later date before the contest ends, but my primary motivation was to make it to 7 star.

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

As usual Webman is correct. The meter moves regardless of whether you are playing contests, or non contest. Even moves when you are in training mode or participating in challenges.