Qualifying for Seven Star Contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Qualifying for Seven Star Contest

Post by OTABILL »

Webman, every month I accumulate 7 stars. Unfortunately, most of the time it is after the deadline for entry into that month's tournament. This month, for example, it will probably happen on the 30th. I feel that getting to 7 stars within a calendar month should qualify one for the tournament. Why not have everyone who achieves 7 stars by the end of a month participate in the following month's tournament? Maybe, the 7 star tournament should take place at the beginning of the month. That is how the yearly tournament of champions is done. You qualify by December 31 and can participate in the tournament held in January.

Dudesickle
Forum Newbie

Post by Dudesickle »

I also noticed you can only earn 1 star per day by playing 5000 hands. Is there a warning sent when that limit has been reached? Also, is there somewhere to go to see how many hands have been played on that day?

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Webman, 5 months since I posted this question. Glad someone finally commented. How about an answer? Thanks.

Vondap
Forum Newbie

Post by Vondap »

I like playing the 7 stars but I only make it through the first round. I have never made it to second round. I like playing Keno in it, but have tried video poker also. My goal in all the contests is to make it to top 100, I get excited to make it to top ten. My goal on 7 stars is to get to 2nd round. One of these days, just gotta keep on trying.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Bill, if you could earn 2 more achievements, you'd be able to start the month with one more star. That would make it much easier for you to be in the tourney. The two I would shoot for, if I were you, would be, winning a group challenge and top score of the day.
Best of luck!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Come Back Kid wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:58 am
Bill, if you could earn 2 more achievements, you'd be able to start the month with one more star. That would make it much easier for you to be in the tourney. The two I would shoot for, if I were you, would be, winning a group challenge and top score of the day.
Best of luck!
Thanks CBK. I thought about that at the time Iof my original post. For various reasons, I have stopped playing contests here so, for the moment, its not an issue for me.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Webman, November is less than two days old, and someone has already qualified for the 7 Star Tournament. If I understand correctly, the most anyone can start the month with is 5 stars, which means that they have played 10000 hands in that short period of time to earn 2 more?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

onemoretry wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:53 am
Webman, November is less than two days old, and someone has already qualified for the 7 Star Tournament. If I understand correctly, the most anyone can start the month with is 5 stars, which means that they have played 10000 hands in that short period of time to earn 2 more?
If they have maxed out their achievement stars, this is quite possible. We have a lot of people who play 5,000 hands per day.

Edit: I looked them up and there are 2 users who have qualified so far.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

OTABILL wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:30 am
Webman, every month I accumulate 7 stars. Unfortunately, most of the time it is after the deadline for entry into that month's tournament. This month, for example, it will probably happen on the 30th. I feel that getting to 7 stars within a calendar month should qualify one for the tournament. Why not have everyone who achieves 7 stars by the end of a month participate in the following month's tournament? Maybe, the 7 star tournament should take place at the beginning of the month. That is how the yearly tournament of champions is done. You qualify by December 31 and can participate in the tournament held in January.
I really like this idea. I'm not sure when we will consider changing the format of the 7 star given everything it would involve, but I would recommend the model you describe if we do.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Webman wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:26 am
OTABILL wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:30 am
I really like this idea. I'm not sure when we will consider changing the format of the 7 star given everything it would involve, but I would recommend the model you describe if we do.
Thanks Webman. I haven't participated much in the contest for a number of months for various reasons since I posted a year ago. Hopefully, I will find the start doing so again. Looking for an incentive.:)