May Contest v. The End Of The World

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
shadowman
Video Poker Master

Re: May Contest v. The End Of The World

Post by shadowman »

It's not really the end of the world on the 21st. That's when the rapture is suppose to occur at 6PM (not sure what time zone). Those that are not taken to heaven on the 21st stay around for another 5 months before the world finally is destroyed (or so I've read).

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

harold camping missed on 9/6/94 claims it was a error on his math it is supposed to follow the clock 6 pm local time everywhere like ringing in the new year

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

That's right, 6PM everywhere. here's more information: http://judgementday2011.com/ Note this is all dependent on the following assumption: "The number 5 equals “atonement”, the number 10 equals “completeness”, and the number 17 equals “heaven”." I'm not sure where these equalities originate, but if the rapture does not happen tomorrow then it is simple to claim a different set of equalities and predict another date out in the future.

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

congratulations on 3000+ posts you like i are voices of reason. the same thinking on the end of the world is like refusing to accept that playing negative expected value games will over enough time will result in losing money

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Thanks, royal flush. Those of us driven by logic tend to be less prone to beleive these kind of predictions.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Thanks, royal flush. Those of us driven by logic tend to be less prone to beleive these kind of predictions.
Congratulations Shadowman. A milestone indeed. I find your contributions always insightful. All hail Arcimedes

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Thanks, Ed. It's now past 6PM on the other side of the IDL. The rapture should have started by now. No reports of any problems. Who would have guessed it.

bubbagene
Forum Rookie

Post by bubbagene »

Okay so its may 22nd. I guess Iam a better profit than camping lol. What a bunch of idots.
   Okay now for my next free prediction I will not win the May contest. A bonus prediction is on Dec 22nd 2012 the world still will be here with the human population intact. lol.

Ambassador E
Forum Regular

Post by Ambassador E »

all i know is there telling rapturejokes like theres no tomorrow

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

1st to 1000
1st to 2000
1st to 3000
Onward and upward SM.