being dealt a royal

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
djkrick
Forum Newbie

being dealt a royal

Post by djkrick »

Does anyone else feel like it's pointless to play a contest when the person in the lead has already been dealt the royal and gotten to hold it for all available lines? Yes, you too could be dealt the royal and then score higher but most highly doubtful! I know we all want to get in some play time but should we just play another game that you enjoy? I guess being in the top 10 or top 100 is worthy of an achievement though.

your thoughts?

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

That's why I like to play single-line or MultiStrike for contests, I get a chance to draw a royal as well as get one dealt to me...

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

I agree, djkrick, at which point I usually play somewhere else, instead.Then I think I made it so easy for them to win that contest.SO many games, so little time, so many other things I should be doing instead that are less fun!

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

It's natural to think it is hopeless when seeing the giant scores but it can happen to anyone, any time. I like the triple double because there's two ways to get that 4000 but when I'm tired of that game I'll play others just for variety.

djkrick
Forum Newbie

Post by djkrick »

yeah, that does make sense! It's worse after they get it on multiple lines. Single line does make it more fair and easier to catch up to and or pass.

Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Post by Videopokerjesus »

Does anyone else feel like it's pointless to play a contest when the person in the lead has already been dealt the royal and gotten to hold it for all available lines? Yes, you too could be dealt the royal and then score higher but most highly doubtful! I know we all want to get in some play time but should we just play another game that you enjoy? I guess being in the top 10 or top 100 is worthy of an achievement though.

your thoughts?

Nail right on the head.

This is why the Monthly Contest is so appealing to me.