Do discards go back into deck?

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
vpwarrior
Forum Rookie

Do discards go back into deck?

Post by vpwarrior »

Do discards go back into deck? Or are they truly discarded?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

They are truly discarded.

vpwarrior
Forum Rookie

Post by vpwarrior »

Then why did chopper123 draw the 4 of hearts twice on his big hand in the Daily? Am I missing something?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I'm not sure which contest you are referring to since I don't see that name at the top of the current ones, but assuming it was a multi-hand game then the available draw cards would be the same for every hand (each hand has its own deck, with the deal cards removed from each.

For example, if you are playing 10 play and DISCARD the 4 of hearts, then you will not be able to draw the 4 of hearts on any of the 10 hands. But if you did not have a 4 of hearts on the deal, then the 4 of hearts would be available as a draw card on all 10 hands. So you could certainly draw it more than one time.

This is how all multi-line games work (with the unique exception of Spin Poker). Otherwise on 100 play you would run out of cards. :)

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Yes, you are. It's a multi line game. Once you select the cards in the original dealt hand to hold, you, in effect, play each hand independently, each from its own independent deck. So, yes, you can get the same hand more than once.

vpwarrior
Forum Rookie

Post by vpwarrior »

He is in 3rd place in the daily. He had 3 aces and the 10 and 4 of hearts with a 10x multiplier. He threw the 10 and 4 away and drew the 4 of hearts on two hands. One of which included the 4th ace for a big score.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Unless you're looking at something other than what I am, you cannot see the entire original dealt hand, you see only the cards that were held from that hand. I believe you're misinterpreting what you're seeing. He was not originally dealt the 10 and 4 of hearts - he drew them to replace the two cards he had discarded from the initially dealt hand.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Onemoretry is correct. For reference, here is the hand in question: