Virus Threat Pop-up

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
wilcoxfun

Virus Threat Pop-up

Post by wilcoxfun »

Webmaaster

I was playing a game yesterday and a virus threat pop-up on the screen.  I have virus protection and it took it off without any trouble. I was wondering if anyone else is having threats like this?

I have never had any problems playing here before but was concerned about maybe an ad or even a game had a virus some how embedded in it.

Sorry about not remembering which game I was playing.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It's possible that our new ad network is having the same problems as the old one, but there are a lot of other possibilities as well. If anyone else is experiencing this please let us know right away. We will begin looking into other ad servers right away to prevent a problem similar to last time, when the ad company seemed unable to conquer the issue. If we determine that it's the ad server we will put a stop to it immediately.Any idea what it said the the virus warning was? That will help determine the cause, ad server or otherwise.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I have allowed the ads to run on my machine all morning without any warnings. If you see this again please report it immediately and write down the details of the warning as well so we can try to determine if it is related to the ads or your machine.I will continue to monitor things and we are still exploring other ad companies.

wilcoxfun

Post by wilcoxfun »

Webman
I am sorry I did not take any notes. Have not had any trouble other than that one time. I will take notes if it happens again.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

No worries, wilcoxfun.  We were just approved by one of the largest and most respected ad serving companies around and are in the process of implementing it.  They should come online tomorrow.

Urbandutch
Forum Newbie

Post by Urbandutch »

I'm not sure if this is still applicable- but I am on my iPad and have experienced this "pop-up" in many variations since yesterday. From Samsung to "you have just won a new iPad or,iPhone". Disappointing because I have been enjoying this site but am now afraid to use it. My username is Urbandutch if you wish me to send a screenshot.