Gerber knife ad--just awful

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
PupsRus
Forum Newbie

Gerber knife ad--just awful

Post by PupsRus »

After just joining the site and enjoying it, one of the first things I see is a hunter in an ad killing a wild animal and then being shown up close cutting into that same animal with a Gerber knife.  I wouldn't mind seeing their product along with other products but seeing it in this way is just awful and very offensive to me..I'm sorry....I don't have the option to turn off this ad...only to turn off my computer.  I hate that I found a site I really like, only to find they play ads that are offensive in that way.  Like I said, I don't begrudge hunters their sport.  The men in my family are hunters.  What I don't like is that I am forced to watch while an animal is killed and field dressed.

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

I'm sure Webman, who runs this site, will respond to you but if not did you know that if you JOIN the site you get NO adds...It costs a little but well worth it if you enjoy playing for free on line....You can become a silver or gold member...Look at the rate under "SHOP" Upgrade membership.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This ad was pulled once previously. We will have the publisher remove it again. Thanks for letting us know.

PupsRus
Forum Newbie

Post by PupsRus »

Thank you Webman!

ginfre
Forum Regular

Post by ginfre »

I am a USMC Vietnam Veteran, 22 months in I Corps, the would be the northernmost fourth of South Vietnam, during the period 1965-68.  I nearly bought it, there.  You need to get a life.  Administrator, no need to be so sensitive.  Great ad!  There are many legitimate hunters.  They have a life. 

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

I cant believe you would pull the add... maybe some cant handle the idea of the hunt, myself I think Gerber created a perfect add to allow people to see the thrill of the hunt. Pretty sad to say the least, censorship on a website that pays it way with adds=strange.

PupsRus
Forum Newbie

Post by PupsRus »

You seem as though you want a fight.  Well you won't get it here.  I am merely stating my opinion, just as you have the right to state yours.  Thank you for your service and good bye.

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

He did state his...you just took offense to it.

ginfre
Forum Regular

Post by ginfre »

Just got done with our dinner.  So much more could be said.  Volumes.  Thanks for having my back.  One less fighting hole to dig.  Thanks again.