web site

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
jim18

web site

Post by jim18 »

when I click on a video poker game, instead of going to that game, I am being asked to download Ilivid.  Whatever that is.  I am not able to close the page, for example.  I have to open task manager and end the task.  This is not a 30 second ad.  What is going on?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Definitely close that ad. Is it opening in a browser tab? If so, close it. I will look into removing this advertiser right away.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This advertiser has now been blacklisted from our listings. Please let me know if you ever experience it again.

jim18

Post by jim18 »

thanks for your help

dart001
Forum Newbie

Post by dart001 »

I've had issues lately with ads that take over during a contest round and cause a loss of that round. You first get a banner pop up that asks you whether you want to stay or leave this page. Then a few seconds later , it launches you into their ad. It seems like they are all similar sites.....role playing or games sites. I've talked with a few others and they have had this happen, too.  I've noted some of the sites....."League of Angels"......."Stendra"........"Desert Operations.us"......"Perfectworld.com"......Please fix this if you can. Disheartening when you play every day in a monthly contest and get as high as 2nd place with a week left and then lose 3 rounds of the contest due to these ads. Thanks for your help, Webman!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I've had issues lately with ads that take over during a contest round and cause a loss of that round.
I also have had these things popping up. It's the same ones, though League of Angels seems to be the most common.

However, I've always been able to leave the page, and get back to the game.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We removed all League of Angels banners that we could find the other day when someone else reported it. Perhaps another advertiser is running them now. Ads that take you away from the page are against our policy and we'll do our best to block these ads from the network. Thanks for reporting it.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Additionally, the site used to warn you when leaving the page, but only the first time. If you tried to leave again, it would assume your click is intentional and leave the session.I have disabled this, so it will continue to warn you unless you confirm leaving the page if your session has not been completed. Perhaps this will help in any abusive ad situations as well, allowing you to refuse to leave the page.If ads open in a tab, it may appear your page has been lost, but closing the tab will get you back.

dart001
Forum Newbie

Post by dart001 »

Thanks Webman...haven't had that problem since you mentioned that you took their ads down....but did have a situation the other day that caused a loss of a round. Banner came up that asked if I wanted to stay on page or leave. I had already saved cards and was hitting enter key to draw new cards. That banner came up just as I was pressing enter key and it took me to the ad site. Can the default on that choice be made to stay on page in that situation?