Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
DNJTraveln
Forum Newbie

Re: Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Post by DNJTraveln »

I am using chrome and have no ad blocking software installed I am not gold or silver, went to play keno and just got this message'
It look like you have ad blocking software running
In order to keep VideoPoker.com free for Basic members, we rely on advertising revenue. Please consider supporting the site by disabling your ad blocker. Or, you can avoid ads altogether by becoming a Silver or GOLD member.
To keep playing, please choose one of the following options:

- Disable your ad blocker to continue playing for free (click here if you need help with disabling you ad blocker)
- Click here to upgrade to Silver membership and play without ads (as little as 7 cents a day)
- Click here to upgrade to GOLD membership to play without ads and enjoy the GOLD member features (as little as 22 cents per day)
-Click here to redeem Players Club Points to receive free GOLD membership status

Continue to game (you may play with your ad blocker enabled 3 more time before the games will be disabled)

Really?! I do not have any ad blocking software running, while this message is displayed, there are ads just popping up every few seconds, Duracell batteries, free glad trash bags, higher internet speed and so on.

Will it really lock up and no longer display games?

Please advise.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It looks like you've been able to play games today. Did you get this resolved on your end?

DNJTraveln
Forum Newbie

Post by DNJTraveln »

I don't know if that was just a pop up but I just kept on playing like normal and ads keep on showing up like always. Just never seen that warning from Videopoker.com.

Instead of regular Keno loading (not a contest of any sort) I got that warning. I just closed it out and played video poker, later went back to keno and it let me play. Was that an official warning from Videopoker.com or not? Have never received it before.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yes, that sounds like our standard popup blocker message, but I'm not sure why you would have seen it without one enabled. It sounds like it went away on its own... let me know if you experience the problem again.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

The site is super funky today. I will not play at all this month. Tried 3 times and had 3 hands fail in 25 hands. I could account for these things costing me less than 100 points in the monthly last month, though I think 2 rounds mid-month might not have been recorded. Didn't matter in the rankings, wasn't close to the top 100 for 1100-1200 to matter.

Onenickelmiracl

It's so bad. Wasn't going to play the contests, but can't even play 3 hands on STP. I dont understand how the site is so not functional seeming to just be because of a click of the calendar.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Onenickel, I will switch your ad provider again. Please let me know if things have improved after you see this.

WhitneyReed

Post by WhitneyReed »

Performance has been bad for me this afternoon as well. I haven't changed anything and this morning it wasn't bad, so maybe it's just net traffic or my isp (ATT UVerse) or something. Just thought I'd mention it since Nickle is reporting problems too. I don't think it's ad related this time, though.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Okay... let me know if it improves on its own WhitneyReed.

Onenickelmiracl

Yeah, seems to have worked well enough to be tolerable.