Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Post by onemoretry »

And, once again, hideously slow, chunky game play is accompanied by Sephora ads. When all three spots have Sephora ads, you might as well quit and do something else, as it's so irritating.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I can't seem to get those sephora ads. It may be targeting you based on web traffic. Is there an "AdChoices" graphic in the top right corner of that ad? If so, click that and you should be able to opt-out of that advertiser network.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

Today is such a bad day. The game keeps failing like 10 times before I can even finish two rounds of the monthly contest. Yesterday it didn't happen so often, but crashed before I could draw three to a royal. Happened before and once drawing on three aces. Why does it fail when getting good drawing hands so often?

Onenickelmiracl

I sent a request into support asking for a free upgrade to silver until the site works for contests without purchase.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I can't seem to get those sephora ads. It may be targeting you based on web traffic. Is there an "AdChoices" graphic in the top right corner of that ad? If so, click that and you should be able to opt-out of that advertiser network. I think you're on to something. I did click on the adchoices graphic and found a statement to the effect "This ad may have been matched to your interests based on your browsing activity. Rakuten Marketing selected it".

But, I couldn't see an option for opting out of it. It is certainly not there as a result of my internet browsing, but something my wife looked at may have triggered it.

Does Rakuten Marketing have an account with you?

Do you have any suggestions as to how to get rid of it?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We do not work with Rakuten Marketing directly.  We work with large networks (AOL, WideOrbit, Google etc) that you will find on many other sites and then companies such as Rakuten buy ad space.Sometimes there is opt-out information right on that page, but each network has their own procedures for opting out. Sorry, I wish it wasn't so complicated.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Try here... I don't see "Rakuten" here but maybe it will be helpful:http://www.aboutads.info/choices/

Onenickelmiracl

Zulilly ad I'm reporting.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I deleted our browsing history, and, so far, there have been no more Sephora ads. Game play is still somewhat chunky at times, but, at least, those annoying Sephora ads are gone.

rivergambler
Forum Rookie

Post by rivergambler »

Today while playing the monthly contest I "lost" about 30 hands due to lockups. I would finish 100 hands, but in my hand count for the month it would only show I had played 97 or 98 hands. Then I moved on to the month end contest. I restarted 3 times to get in 15 hands. Not only do I lose a possible good hand, but it counts against hands played in the contest without counting the score. It doesn't seem to matter what ad is playing. Sometimes it locks up before I even select which game I am going to play, so there is no ad yet. In Firefox, Adobe Flash Player uses quite a bit of CPU, but it never gets over 50% memory or CPU. In IE I keep receiving one of two messages: "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab" or "videopoker.com is not responding due to a long-running script".