Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
WhitneyReed

Re: Unfortunately this site is no longer usable

Post by WhitneyReed »

Even the 7 Star Tournament is locking up this afternoon. I successfully played a few rounds this morning, but I tried to play this afternoon and it kept locking up and became unplayable. I still have a couple 7 Star rounds left to play today, but maybe I'll just have to give up. :(

arno
Forum Rookie

Post by arno »

Come on already! I can't even play 5 lousy hands without locking up. Screwed up on IE and Chrome.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

We believe we have located an ad (which appears in various forms) responsible for this slowdown and it will be removed soon by the ad network.

Can we assume, given the previous post, that "soon" hasn't happened yet?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

No, that ad was removed a while ago (more than a month it looks like). If there is another ad that is a particular problem please email a screenshot/photo to forum@videopoker.com

arno
Forum Rookie

Post by arno »

I played 400 hands and aside from the usual slowdown when ads are changing all went well. Then the Marie Callender's ad popped up and it only enabled me to partially play with the mouse only & then it just froze.

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

Just a small bit of info...I have been a Gold Member for probably 3 or 4 years. I really enjoy this site and I figure for .30 a day, it was well worth it. For you non-members, who do not want to pay the .30, you are missing the best parts of the site. I am auto billed every month and 3 months ago, my account was compromised by someone out of the blue. My card for the account was discontinued and when I got the new one, I forgot to let Webman know, so on the 1st, I lost my Gold Status. AAAHHHEEE..horrible. There are so many things you that you can't see playing non-member, that one day without it was too much. NO ADS, play full screen, quite a few games that are only available for members, e-mail from other players, chat (which I rarely use, but I am a very good lurker) and it is worth it to me. This site gives you alot of enjoyment and I like to support it.   

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

I was wondering what was going on here since I had come back. Yes, locking up and losing my place. So irritating, I knew it was the ads.

$3 a month just to not see ads is too much. Maybe they have silver just to make gold look attractive. People might not need or want to come back every day, week, or month and paying automatically for something you might not use is scary. I will probably stay gold a few months then drop it once I feel better about my skill level. Maybe I'll keep it if I found out I can share my account teaching my ex to play and have her quit slots and we'll get back together. Loll.

arno
Forum Rookie

Post by arno »

Am I the only one having problems? It's not worth the aggravation any more just to play. Call me when you can fix your site.

WhitneyReed

Post by WhitneyReed »

Am I the only one having problems? It's not worth the aggravation any more just to play. Call me when you can fix your site.

I had some lock up problems on Microsoft Edge today, even though it had been working pretty good previously. I've had better luck with Edge over IE with this site but I still like IE a lot better.

VegasKenoMan
Forum Newbie

Post by VegasKenoMan »

Have ads, fine. You need to pay the bills. But for sakes christ does there need to be 3 rotating animated ads all at once?

That is what is doing it. Chrome here, on Win7, 32GB ram. So it isn't my system. Its the ads.