How do they know there isn't cheating in contests?

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
Onenickelmiracl

How do they know there isn't cheating in contests?

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

I'm so skeptical there isn't cheating. Anything is possible when not cheating, but much easier if they're refresh heroes. You would think the site would be on top of these things, but maybe not enough people care or there could be collusion. I don't know who the other players are, but dealt aces w kicker and dealt low quads w kickers in the same hundred hands? I want to know these contests are honest and people are checking in on things.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

Webman are you listening????/

Onenickelmiracl

Do they look for bots also? Forgot to ask about that one.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We have no indication of bots, and any time we have looked into the winning hands hit they have fallen within reasonable and expected frequencies of those hands. With so many people playing, the very best scores are going to be incredibly good.

Onenickelmiracl

Ok on the bots answer taking your word for it. I'm not sure how you analyze scoring, but again taking your word on it and assume it is kosher. I have noticed if the game would freeze before cards are drawn, a player is not penalized for refreshing. My worry is people might refresh until they like a dealt hand. Are you able to keep track of how many times someone refreshes or do you later disqualify them for cheating? When I say refresh, I'm meaning reloading in case I'm using vague terms, I'm clarifying.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If you refresh after dealing, you are not allowed to re-deal the hand. It is removed from your hands remaining as soon as you hit deal.

Onenickelmiracl

Oh yes I see how it works. I was looking at the deals remaining wrong. I was seeing xx hands left before having to refresh, then seeing the same number not realizing a hand was lost as soon as the hand was dealt.