Tricks to make the site work for you

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
Onenickelmiracl

Tricks to make the site work for you

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

Well, since I'm not using the minimum requirements, as a basic member, the site just doesn't work when the ads are running. Totally unpredictable when and how a hand may be lost or not paid, but I've found a solution that has been working. Depends on the game, some games in contests work pretty well, such as quick quads, dream card, and you can just play. The monthly contest, as well as the classic single hand seem to fail on trips on the deal and the draw.

The biggest trick is when in doubt, refresh before hitting deal, and refresh periodically. The game for me seems to usually be reliable in the monthly single hand about twenty hands in. After that, it is like a ticking this time bomb. If I notice it has been 20 hands, or if something doesn't seem right like bells ringing in stereo, or a slow hand coming out, I'll refresh as soon as it says deal. Learn to sense the game bugging and do not gamble another hand before refreshing. Just wait and don't hit deal just to lose a hand for nothing.

Another tip is when you're being dealt cards or waiting for drawn cards, or credits to apply, have patience and wait for it. The hands seem to pull through immensely more when you're gold, but will sometimes pull through for basic. So wait, and don't start clicking on things trying to wake the game.

Don't refresh until the play button says deal or you might not get credits. Sometimes you do if a few credits start being applied, but I think it depends on the game.

Refreshing before a problem hand occurs preemptively has been working well the last two days. I don't know why things start being more and more certain the longer you play after the game loads, but it is that way. Don't take the process for granted playing longer than safe and refresh often and any time "the matrix" starts sending those funny signals, those harbingers and omens of dead and lost hands. With experience, you get to notice the things going on before a problem occurs hands later, so be alert to them. Things going slow is another clue, failure is imminent. Think of these things as a check engine light. Refresh and don't wait for it to turn red.

Also be weary if you notice a new ad has loaded too. Sometimes this tends to be a sign a coming hand may fail. If the ad goes grey, beware as well. Refresh before playing a new hand. Stick to my rule, always refresh every 20 hands. Sometimes you can go longer, but the game will tend to surprise you at the worst possible moment if you do.

Hope this solution continues to work and works for you.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thanks for posting some helpful tips for people who might be in a similar situation but that sounds like a real hassle and I'm sorry you're dealing with it.

The lumia phone may not be compatible, but the fact that you are locking up that early and often sounds like it might also be the browser. Are there other browser apps available such as Chrome?

I can't promise it would solve the issue but It would be worth a try and should be free.

Onenickelmiracl

I will look into another browser, but for now, the site has actually been working pretty well. Most of my frustration has been in the monthly contest game and my tips are really mostly for that game. I've only had two problems since I posted this thread in the monthly contest and once was because I didn't refresh when the game was acting funny, because I already refreshed and it was still acting up. The daily contest has been mostly smooth and quick and weeklies too, but this week's has been slow playing.

The monthly contest I've moved up my hands played from 20 hands to 30 or 33. Problem is, you don't know when the game seems like it will work fine, because it has. When I've had problems, it usually doesn't fail until trips is involved. Either dealt trips not letting cards drawn or trips being paid or a full house. That's usually it 95% of the time, though rarely RF draws or minor jacks or better.

Refreshing before playing too many hands or refreshing when I sense signs the game will fail somehow like in the past, has been working great.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Good to hear. Please report back when you have a chance to try another browser if one is available. I'm curious if that will help.

1laughing
Forum Rookie

Post by 1laughing »

Having had the 'slow down ' problem---I find the game does not slow down if I watch the AD. While they are loading or running----do not play.   
This keeps the game running on a more even pace. Works for me---Try it. It may work for you also.

geohenry
Forum Newbie

Post by geohenry »

Thanks for the tips! I really enjoy this site. Love to play the different daily games and these tips do help/

Onenickelmiracl

You're welcome. It's been so much better than it was a few months ago. I normally play more hands before refreshing now, but always make a habit of refreshing the within the last twenty hands. A few months ago had scores not recorded twice in the monthly and dont want that again.

Doughnuts
Forum Newbie

Post by Doughnuts »

Can any-1 help me PLEASE!! I love playing VP and would love to get back to playing my (fav games)but the message "An error occurred while starting the game" pops up, I've tried deleting temp files and refreshing browser but still, game(s) do not seem to load properly. Any solutions to remedy my issues? I appreciate it.