Bye Bye

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
1laughing
Forum Rookie

Bye Bye

Post by 1laughing »

I have played over 1 Million hands on Video Poker.   I've stayed loyal to this site.    But now is time for me to move on.   Reason,   nearly 1 hour to play 100 hands.   I am 76 years old and only have so many hands left in me. I cannot spend them watching a game that keeps getting slower and slower. Its been fun. Bye.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Sorry to hear that. I'd love to work with you to find a solution to your problem. If you're already moved on, I guess you won't see this. Otherwise... let's talk.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I share his pain (and, almost his age) - but. so far, my stubbornness has prevented me from walking away. I can't say that it's taken me an hour to play 100 hands, but it consistently takes a lot longer than the 25 minutes it used to take.

FWIW, it does seem less aggravating to play on our Mac Air laptop with its Safari browser than on our Windows 10 computer and IE 11.

These major play problems started several months ago, following what I understand were modifications to the video poker.com site. To me, this deterioration in game playability is a major, major negative outcome of the changes. What were the positive ones?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I am sticking with the site because I enjoy the forum, but just cannot play here anymore. I like to play spin poker here DDS, but it freezes up mid hand or on the draw time after time. So now I just play my Wolf vp program which unfortunately does not have DDS. I have a new notebook computer too HP Pavilion only about a year old. Never had this kind of problem a year or so ago. Personally, I think it is the animated ads trying to load while playing the games. All temp files are regularly cleared out, c cleaner run all of the time, Mcafee updated and cleaning programs run etc. etc. No problem with other sites except some that are loaded with complicated ads. That is why I think that is the problem here.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I am a gold member but am sorry to say I put up with the same problems "here and there"  very annoying; to say the least. I know absolutely NOTHING about tech situations that occur; but WHATEVER it's worth, last time I had an extended "freezing" and "skipping problem it seemed to (seemed, the opperative word) to improve after I logged off then on again....who the HELL  KNOWS..

1laughing
Forum Rookie

Post by 1laughing »

I tried-----about 2 weeks ago I sent the same message to HELP.....To date---I have not heard back from your people.
   I will say the day after I sent the message asking for help, the slow down went away, for a few days.
A note below from a GOLD member states they are having the same problem.

I will check back from time to time to see if things have improved. If YES, I WILL PLAY AGAIN. If NO, no way.

Thank You. You have my e-mail address if you need to contact me.    

1laughing
Forum Rookie

Post by 1laughing »

I tried and tried but your people have yet to answer 1 of the 3 times I tried to make contact with you.   
You ask me to contact you to try and fix this problem. I did---But a week later, still no answer from you. Apparently you talk a big game ready to help but doing something to help is not part of your program. The old "not my job man" I just tell customers you will help but it up to someone else to actually help customers.
Again you can answer me here or thru my e-mail that you have.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Sorry that you didn't receive a reply from customer support. I will check on the reason... if it is my fault I apologize. Sometimes responses get filtered or blocked but we do our best to reply in a timely manner. I'm happy to help you here to avoid any technical pitfalls that may be getting in the way.Have you played in the past week, and if so, did you notice any improvement or none at all?

Sandrina Roc
Forum Regular

Post by Sandrina Roc »

I'm not sure why you blame the site.  It takes me 5 - 10 minutes to play 100 hands, depending on the game.  It might be your computer. How old is it?  What browser are you using?  What operating system?  I suggest you have someone look at your computer before you blame VP.com. 

1laughing
Forum Rookie

Post by 1laughing »

Admin-----Have not played. Tell you what---Give me a few days and I will get back with you with a report. OK.