malicious redirect

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
DrKen
Forum Regular

malicious redirect

Post by DrKen »

for the past 2 days when playing the contest, i have been locked up by a redirect. it is for a free app and sends me to app store on apple for uber app. hit cancel etc and just keeps me at apple. url is destinyad.xyz. this morning in 8 hands 5 lockouts. i close it out and reopen safari and the poker app and it is there immediately. no problems on other apps and no problems yesterday when i tethered to my phone. only when i am home on charter. obviously playing on ipad and using safari.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

DrKen,Thanks for the info. Let me know if it happens any further.

DrKen
Forum Regular

Post by DrKen »

Immediately after messaging you earlier, I went and cleared by history and cache on the ipad.   I then immediately logged on to videopoker.com and had to use my username and password like I should when I clear the history.   Picked the monthly contest, then my game dueces wild, and as soon as the game loaded, I got the redirect to a free app. Url was adsfoundation.xyz.
I then immediately went to my history to see what had loaded and I have written all sites etc that were there from just this so I had a accurate listing of the possible sites for the malware associated with videopoker.com.   I can list those for you or email them if you like. Thanks

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Have you experienced this since my reply this morning?

DrKen
Forum Regular

Post by DrKen »

No , I had other things to do after I went on immediately after posting initial message and just finally had time to post. Will have time to play later and will let you know if I have further problems

remmerde
Forum Newbie

Post by remmerde »

Had a similar malicious redirect just now.  A fake "Urgent Firefox update" page.  Automatically brought up a dialog box trying to get me to run some javascript (firefox-patch.js").  Obviously cancelled that dialog.Domain it was coming from was: uixainuwireinvestor.com

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thanks for reporting it, remmerde.That should be removed. Please let me know if you encounter it further.

BevJS
Forum Newbie

Post by BevJS »

keep politics & TRUMP off your site!!!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I think Mr. Trump has the right to play here just as much as any of us do. To not allow Mr. Trump the happiness of partaking in this marvelous site would be nothing short of discrimination.

xfile1971
Forum Rookie

Post by xfile1971 »

I just got a malicious redirect from one of your ads again today.  This has happened before.  You really need to improve your security.  I use AdBlock on other sites and your site is the only one that uses ads to try to attack my computer.  You attempted to redirect me to a site (eenohrelax-fm.org) that was going to "install an important Firefox update".  LOL.