ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Post by Webman »

chiefsquirrel,
I'm changing your ad provider, please let me know if things improve or not.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

chiefsquirrel,
I'm changing your ad provider, please let me know if things improve or not.Webman: it's much better now. Thanks

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

[QUOTE=Webman]chiefsquirrel,
I'm changing your ad provider, please let me know if things improve or not.Webman: it's much better now. Thanks[/QUOTE]Although it's better, there are delays as ads are loading. Players have to be careful when picking cards or when clicking on deal or draw.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

[QUOTE=chiefsquirrel]
[QUOTE=Webman]chiefsquirrel,
I'm changing your ad provider, please let me know if things improve or not.Webman: it's much better now. Thanks[/QUOTE]Although it's better, there are delays as ads are loading. Players have to be careful when picking cards or when clicking on deal or draw. [/QUOTE]One more thing of note...  2 ads per page seems to be tolerable. 3 ads though slows it all to a crawl.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

a few things to think about...- adsafeprotected seems to have loading issues- some ad providers (could not determine which) are doing tls handshakes- google-analytics is being called constantly - could be the tls issue

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

a few things to think about...- adsafeprotected seems to have loading issues- some ad providers (could not determine which) are doing tls handshakes- google-analytics is being called constantly - could be the tls issue

correction: adsafe has source delivery issues

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

There is a memory leak somewhere related to the ads (script issue maybe?). After 2-3 games, FF consumes 3.5G+ of memory and needs to be shut down. Clearing cache has no effect. Blocking images has no effect.  Minimal cpu and memory is being used by all other apps on my machine.  No new software nor any recent updates on my side.Whatever recent change you made is causing issues.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I'm not seeing that same behavior here in Firefox on your same network. It may be tied to a particular ad that is being served to you, which may serve different dynamic content each time. Can you email a screenshot or photo showing all 3 ad units when google-analytics is being called constantly to forum@videopoker.com ? I might be able to track that ad down and block it.

Also curious if you see the same behavior in Chrome.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

I'm not seeing the behavior at all now. I know I did miss one or two draws in the 7-star tourney due to delays caused by ad loading. I don't use chrome - I don't want google embedded all over my machine. And, I don't like that it resets its task schedules even after I've disabled them.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

Now that you've turned ads back on, game play is once again horrible. I missed at least 3 plays by inadvertently hitting the draw/deal button
one too many times due to the significant ad loading lag times and not knowing if the game received my click. Waiting 5+ seconds for ads to finish rendering is acceptable?The delays, interruptions and wait times make this site unusable for non-paying members.