ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
hbc07
Forum Newbie

Re: ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Post by hbc07 »

I've tried playing on both Edge and Chrome, and the performance has slightly improved. But still, every time the ads refresh pretty frequently and drag the whole game to a stuttering stop.

Aces and Eights

Post by Aces and Eights »

I again - after a couple of months of it being at least workable - get through a "Daily Game" without them overtaking and freezing my computer. I even switched computers and OS. The "Adopt" ad is the worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the "Technical Record":
- Of all of the computers that I use to play, even my slowest Computer is rated at 3.00 GHz. with at least a dual core Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- they run either Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7 Pro or a Linux Operating System.
- I do not use "ad blocking".
- My internet set-up is 100 Mbps Comcast (high speed) Performance.

That seems to me to be reasonable equipment.

Advise..

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Glad it was better for a couple months.

It sounds like some advertisers are now running ads that are causing problems for you again. I'll switch your ad network... Let me know if it improves.

cribplayer
Forum Rookie

Post by cribplayer »

Way way way to many ads bogs down the game play. !! I have a fast computer and it runs slow as hell. Ads ads ads, the way to make people leave your site.

cribplayer
Forum Rookie

Post by cribplayer »

I'm not paying to get rid of them screw you guys.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

cribplayer,
I've switched you to another ad provider. Please let me know if your experience improves.

cribplayer
Forum Rookie

Post by cribplayer »

I played 15 sessions on my fast computer that is more than capable of running this site, I believe the problem is on your end please fix a sap. It shouldn't have taken that long to play sessions 3 and 1/2 hours that is just ridiculous

I had to refresh several times and close out the ads because they just bog done the gameplay to a halt!!

I like playing the contests but they take way to long with all the pop up ads bogging down the game to a screeching halt!

I never got my 7 day free gold trial when I signed up the first time, bs!!

jersey mike
Forum Newbie

Post by jersey mike »

Seems like certain ads slow down the game process to a crawl. The worst is the Shelter Pet Project. Game will NOT run while this ad is on and will not restart unless your go to the "learn" and "shop" headers.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I'll see if we can locate that ad and have it removed. In the meantime, I've switched you to another ad provider. Please let me know if things improve after you see this message.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I like playing the contests but they take way too long with all the pop up ads bogging down the game to a screeching halt! The worst is the Shelter Pet Project.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Same here. I can tolerate the ads along the borders. They compensate for the freeloaders. But it takes forever for a ten, fifty or hundred hand screen to populate its draws. Something is dragging down the time, and it's not my computer. Fix it asap.  ROTF! Those damn clingy cats just won't go away. The strays are literally following me home!