ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Re: ADS, ADS AND MORE ADS.

Post by chiefsquirrel »

here we go again... using chrome now too...
weekly contest, 100 hands, 30 minutes to play just 90 of 100 hands - I gave up and cashed out at 10 remaining. The lag times and delays are back again.

Aces and Eights

Post by Aces and Eights »

I have been having the same problem with the ads overpowering/overtaking the game - freezing and crashing the Browser/O.S. over the last year or so.
They have changed ad provider several times - only to have the same problem eventually happen again, especially with certain ads.
Why does the GAME not get the priority of RAM and CPU.

Aces and Eights

Administrator - any idea?

Aces and Eights

Administrator - any idea? 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Sorry I missed your earlier messages. I'll try switching you over again to another network. Please let me know if things improve.

chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Post by chiefsquirrel »

The real reason for the slowness is the continual calls to ad services. Just finished playing a weekly contest game - 100 hands. There were 1,804 call to ads. This is egregious, overkill and unnecessary.  Some ads are expected but not to this extent. I'd bet that there is a loop somewhere in the page scripts that's coded badly.

hbc07
Forum Newbie

Post by hbc07 »

Ads are killing me right now too in the daily tourney. The ads refresh about every 15-30 seconds and completely drag the page to a halt until they load.

Using Chrome.

bikecards52
Forum Newbie

Post by bikecards52 »

I use Mozilla Firefox and have the same problem.  I can maybe play one or two hands before the ads reload.  It makes the tournaments virtually unplayable.

eg
Forum Rookie

Post by eg »

Having the same experience...

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

hbc07, bikecards52 and eg.... please let me know if it improves for you after you see this message.